Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What do RJET pilots think happens after RJET SLI?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I may be a 145 pilot, but i'm still a pilot. Mainline, corporate, military, or regional, we all face the same challenge in some form or another. Don't die and don't kill anybody else. Only fools walk around toting the size of their paychecks, rank, or equipment. In the end it means nothing if you don't walk away from the flightline without screwing the pooch.
Yes we're all pilots, but there is a huuuuuuuuuge difference between us rj jockeys and mainline pilots. It's little league vs major league.

Last edited:
And will be reducing banners from -- from four to three which will lower utilization on our highest cost fleet there which is the 135 and 145 aircraft."

And yet the CHQ 135's and 145's have the most flights for F9 in and out of MKE.

The company forgets, if it was not for CHQ/TCF and RAH, Frontier and Midwest could never have been purchased.

Frontier cancelled our 170 contract and Republic employeees were furloughed due to 16 grounded 170's, and yet the Frontier people walk around has if they are better than us...Wise up, you are part of Republic, not better, but equal to the rest of us

It has nothing to do with being better or worst. Most pilots paid their dues by flying for low paying and mediocre airlines like Mesa and Rah, then they got hired by nice, quality mainline airlines. I hate to break it to you but airlines like RAH are STEPPING STONES for mainline oriented pilots. You go to RAH to gain experience and you leave. Of course sometimes the situation does not allow for this (economy, mainline furloughs etc)

The only reason airlines like RAH, ETC... exist is because of mainline mngmt's false CRJ dreams, B scale mentality and the UNIONS lack of scope protection. If all these small jets were allowed to be under the mainline certificate we would have better quality careers, not just flying jobs.

Basically, if our mainline scope was ironclad 15 years ago, slave-labor rj outfits would not exist and all you REGIONAL PILOTS would have been Mainline pilots. Now, instead, we all are in the same boat. We are getting whipsawed against each other and are fighting some pretty deplorable work conditions.

Couple of caveats:

** Frontier, in my opinion, just became a real quality carrier in the 2000's. Before that time they were a low paying commuter (IMHO) 50k CA 35k FO..

** The "saying" "WE BOUGHT YOU GUY or IF IT WERENT FOR RAH, F9 WOULD NOT BE HERE" is spouted out by a lot of RAH employees. Here is my take, YOU NEEDED US to survive, as much as we needed you. Please dont forget this, you go to the supermarket to BUY FOOD. If you dont BUY FOOD to eat you DIE.

** If you are happy making 80K a year flying for RAH and that is your goal then congrats you made the big show and I do not mean to insult you. However, most pilots I talk to have always wanted to fly bigger jets for mainline companies that take care of their employees, rather than exploit them..

Thanks,

CYA

Last edited:
Animal tale...

You seem to forget that you are now owned by RAH. Do you guys have any idea how quickly RAH will throw out your contract and simply ignore it? YOu guys havent been here long enough to see it, but if you wait I guarantee you will.

Did you guys not change insurance already? I guarantee its a drop from what you had.

Did you change 401k providers? Just go spend some time checking out the expense ratio.

It will come...with no integrated seniority list, a lot worse is to comv

AnimalTale-
I'd love to know who the supposed RAH pilots are that are saying that F9 wouldn't be here if it weren't for RAH. That's not true and we all (at least most of us) know it. Maybe you hear more of this being out in Denver but that kind of talk just doesn't happen in an FFD base.

There is a far larger contingent of pilots at RAH that have decided to hang out here to see what the next 5+ years bring. If it will bring LCC quality workrules and pay, they see no reason to go elsewhere. To each his own. Personally, I feel that mgmt will not change and will always have that "regional" mentality. I don't want to go to a major to fly bigger airplanes (I would fly a king air for the right pay and work rules), I want to go to a major because their chances of survival (merger or not) are far better than an airline that relies so heavily on the FFD money. A small bump in fuel price and the only positive cash-flow will be coming from the FFD side...and it won't be enough to off-set the branded sides losses.

All we can do now is hope that the Single Carrier ruling comes back that we are one, otherwise the whipsaw will be in full force.

AnimalTale-
I'd love to know who the supposed RAH pilots are that are saying that F9 wouldn't be here if it weren't for RAH. That's not true and we all (at least most of us) know it. Maybe you hear more of this being out in Denver but that kind of talk just doesn't happen in an FFD base.

There is a far larger contingent of pilots at RAH that have decided to hang out here to see what the next 5+ years bring. If it will bring LCC quality workrules and pay, they see no reason to go elsewhere. To each his own. Personally, I feel that mgmt will not change and will always have that "regional" mentality. I don't want to go to a major to fly bigger airplanes (I would fly a king air for the right pay and work rules), I want to go to a major because their chances of survival (merger or not) are far better than an airline that relies so heavily on the FFD money. A small bump in fuel price and the only positive cash-flow will be coming from the FFD side...and it won't be enough to off-set the branded sides losses.

All we can do now is hope that the Single Carrier ruling comes back that we are one, otherwise the whipsaw will be in full force.

First off look at my tag line! Popeye is a real RAH pilot. I guarantee there are more pilots like Popeye on your seniority list.

Second of all, I can almost guarantee, that you did not become a pilot because you wanted to fly a KingAir. You are stuck at RAH and now you have a chance to fly bigger metal for MUCH BETTER PAY than you would have ever had. However you are right, Bedford can and will demise our work rules.

Not trying to be insulting because life is what it is. I just can tell you wholeheartedly that FLying for any Mainline is better than flying for a Regional, no matter what flavor koolaid you drink.

CYA

Animal tale...

You seem to forget that you are now owned by RAH. Do you guys have any idea how quickly RAH will throw out your contract and simply ignore it? YOu guys havent been here long enough to see it, but if you wait I guarantee you will.

Did you guys not change insurance already? I guarantee its a drop from what you had.

Did you change 401k providers? Just go spend some time checking out the expense ratio.

It will come...with no integrated seniority list, a lot worse is to comv

"F" Bedford. lol! I know he can and will demise our contracts. Believe me, the minute our UNION chose you guys, I knew it was over.

Too bad for you RAH pilots (me included), One more decent carrier (F9) is abolished.

Also, you know that I preach, "dont put your eggs in ONE basket". I learned a long time ago this very precious lesson. I will be fine with or without F9/RAH. It just saddens me to see so many pilots "cheapen" themselves to fly a "shiny jet". It also saddens me that UNIONS allow or are forced to "bendover" to "rubbish" mngmt tactics.<--I stick around now because I am motivated with challenges. Challenges of fighting for what we are worth, FAR MORE THAN YOU THINK> Im ready.

Young, Eager JET hungry pilots dream about flying RJs for Peanut wages. Companies like RAH exploit these eager, uneducated people. And our Unions blindly allow for this B/C scale exploitations..Education is the only way to stop this with an ironclad scope.

RAH is a house of Cheap labor. Basically what Bedford tells us, with his low pay and lack of respect for our workrules, is that we are worth far less than any other pilot group, yet we do the same thing, hhhmmm.

CYA

Last edited:
First off look at my tag line! Popeye is a real RAH pilot. I guarantee there are more pilots like Popeye on your seniority list.

Second of all, I can almost guarantee, that you did not become a pilot because you wanted to fly a KingAir. You are stuck at RAH and now you have a chance to fly bigger metal for MUCH BETTER PAY than you would have ever had. However you are right, Bedford can and will demise our work rules.

Not trying to be insulting because life is what it is. I just can tell you wholeheartedly that FLying for any Mainline is better than flying for a Regional, no matter what flavor koolaid you drink.

CYA
You're right, I didn't become a pilot with thoughts of flying a King Air for life...but I can tell you now that the type of a/c I fly is absolutely the most UNimportant thing in the world to me. Pay and QOL are all I care about. You can have your airbus, embraer, bombardier, etc. I really don't care what I fly.

Identify Popeye for me and prove that he is an RAH pilot. I'm sure we have some dbags here but every airline has their fair share. That's just the way it is.

Not sure about your last paragraph. I've never flown for a mainline carrier and I know it's better than the BS we deal with on a daily basis at RAH. Not as many people as you think here at RAH are drinking the "koolaid."

You're right, I didn't become a pilot with thoughts of flying a King Air for life...but I can tell you now that the type of a/c I fly is absolutely the most UNimportant thing in the world to me. Pay and QOL are all I care about. You can have your airbus, embraer, bombardier, etc. I really don't care what I fly.

Identify Popeye for me and prove that he is an RAH pilot. I'm sure we have some dbags here but every airline has their fair share. That's just the way it is.

Not sure about your last paragraph. I've never flown for a mainline carrier and I know it's better than the BS we deal with on a daily basis at RAH. Not as many people as you think here at RAH are drinking the "koolaid."

Believe me, Im on your side.

CYA

This is so far far from the truth!!!

oh, so you're telling me you think Lynx deserves what is fair, which is a relative senority? And all the Lynx guys that got furloughed and went over to the Republic certificate deserve to be based in Denver, where they started off? Because I've talked to plenty of your compadres who have said Lynx deserves to be stapled and has brought nothing to the table.

Sorry to break the news to you but EVERY F9 pilot is better than any one of you guys. RAH pilots have a diluted mentality that you are equals because you fly the E190. I hate to break it to you but those guys flying 50 seats for Skywest make more than you. You are all commuter pilots who need to realize it will be years before you ever see the mainline side and thats if BB doesn't sell the FFD side before then.

Frontier has some of the greatest pilots in the industry, and if any RAH pilot says that they are better then a Frontier pilot, they deserved to be punched in the face and given a hot carl. Frontier was a place to make a career. Making good money to fly an Airbus with a great contract in a great city. RAH is a *thole, with craptastic bases, a gruff, d*khead chief pilot, management that would fire their own mother for not wearing the hat, and pilots that are so *king spineless that they would work for free if it meant they kept their job.

Frontier will always be > Republic. Lynx will always be > Republic. And I will never lump them as one. Never. I will always be a Lynx pilot. Republic might sign my checks in the future, but I will forever be Lynx.

oh, so you're telling me you think Lynx deserves what is fair, which is a relative senority? And all the Lynx guys that got furloughed and went over to the Republic certificate deserve to be based in Denver, where they started off? Because I've talked to plenty of your compadres who have said Lynx deserves to be stapled and has brought nothing to the table.

Frontier has some of the greatest pilots in the industry, and if any RAH pilot says that they are better then a Frontier pilot, they deserved to be punched in the face and given a hot carl. Frontier was a place to make a career. Making good money to fly an Airbus with a great contract in a great city. RAH is a *thole, with craptastic bases, a gruff, d*khead chief pilot, management that would fire their own mother for not wearing the hat, and pilots that are so *king spineless that they would work for free if it meant they kept their job.

Frontier will always be > Republic. Lynx will always be > Republic. And I will never lump them as one. Never. I will always be a Lynx pilot. Republic might sign my checks in the future, but I will forever be Lynx.

Keep up the good work.

In unity,

Wayne Heller

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back