Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What do RJET pilots think happens after RJET SLI?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
it won't happen. Us Lynx guys, the Frontier guys, and the Midwest guys are up for fighting these *kers in management. The Republic/Shuttle/Chq guys don't care, as long as "they have jobs". Because after all, that's all that matters right now. Republic pilots are spineless and will sell all of us Lynx guys down the river so long as they don't have to worry about losing their jobs. :angryfire

This is so far far from the truth!!!

Last edited:
You're going to need a fund but it sure isn't going to be for a strike. Minimum 4 years to get a contract and no way this cluster of a company can stay in business that long.

Why?? got any insider credible info??

Why?? got any insider credible info??
Inside info isn't needed. It's called following this industry for 40 years. Now that Menke is gone, there isn't anyone with any experience running a airline. Odds are weighted heavily in favor of it's failure.

Hasn't CHQ been in business some odd 30years. But i guess they're not an airline?
Can someone define what an airline is...i was under the assumption RP/S5/RW were airlines.
Are they not airlines because they have turned profits every year......
..shrug...

En Mort Main

Hasn't CHQ been in business some odd 30years. But i guess they're not an airline?
Can someone define what an airline is...i was under the assumption RP/S5/RW were airlines.
Are they not airlines because they have turned profits every year......
..shrug...

En Mort Main

They are an outsource lift provider. Up until they merged with YX and F9 they never had to market, buy fuel, route plan, sell tickets or anything an airline would do. Who couldn't make a profit if most of your costs are fixed?

And yet it is the S5 and the CHQ profit paying off the F9 debt. There is a reason we are called the cash cow

How so? Any details?

Read the proposals on the MEH ALPA site. Look at how FAPA's proposal treats its furloughees then look at the MEH ALPA one and how it differs (ie sells them under the bus). There is a long thread on our ALPA forum about it.

And yet it is the S5 and the CHQ profit paying off the F9 debt. There is a reason we are called the cash cow

Lets try something new and actually discuss this as gentlemen.

There is an infinite amount of publicly available information that conflicts with your statement above.

It is very important that we all get on the same page here. The fee for departure side of the operation is not "paying off" anything.

I am not sure what you mean by "F9 debt", but I assume that you are referring to operational p&l. F9 CASM was sub 6 cents until Republic started flying dozens of orphaned 37-70 seat aircraft that no longer had a home on a fee for departure CPA. CASM shot above 10 cents the first quarter after the branded ops inherited the small rj's. This is the exact reason that RJET is now rushing to obtain as many 320's and 190's as possible. The number of markets that can support a 50 seat aircraft is vastly smaller than the number of 50 seat rj's currently being serviced by the RJET balance sheet.

Republic HAD a very successful fee for departure operation. They were also one of the first to realize that the business model that afforded their growth and success during the 90's and early 00's was NOT going to be the model for future success.

RJET does not have a "cash cow" today. They actually have a cash problem. The golden goose has definitely laid its last egg, and the branded side needs to get its sh1t together or we are all going to be on the street.

The sooner all of us realize the mess we are in, the better.

Last edited:
Any thought of F9 getting sold back out to the other Airbus operators looking to try to survive against the Boeing operator?

Hey CL- I heard the YX proposal was something else. Can that be attributed to the newer, senior MEC not really caring about those furloughed?

Any thought of F9 getting sold back out to the other Airbus operators looking to try to survive against the Boeing operator?

Hey CL- I heard the YX proposal was something else. Can that be attributed to the newer, senior MEC not really caring about those furloughed?

RJET could sell the F9 operation for a huge profit (spent $40 million out of pocket, estimated value more than $300 million), but that would imply that they are getting out of the airline business.

The only aircraft that RAH is taking delivery of going forward is 100 seat and larger (190, 195, Cseries if it makes it off the drawing board, and airbus). None of their CPA agreements allow for the operation of aircraft this size.

I would imagine that some form of transaction will take place, but I doubt it will be the sale of the branded operation to another carrier. I think they are going to try and create a niche that doesn't really exist yet today.

Latest resources

Back