• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What did SAPA do about this?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did you hear about the uproar that ALPA had from within about two years ago. The ALPA national employees (secretaries, lobbyists, etc.) get paid. ALPA is just as big of a business as the airline you work for today.

Did you hear about the uproar that ALPA had from within about two years ago. The ALPA national employees (secretaries, lobbyists, etc.) get paid. ALPA is just as big of a business as the airline you work for today.

Of course ALPA has staffers, attorneys, lobbyists. Do you think they would work for free? I'm saying that the ONLY PILOT on ALPA payroll is the president. Also, its the Executive Council that sets pay rates for ALL ALPA staff including the president.

Pilot or not it takes money to run that business. Unfortunately I don't feel that they have my best interest nor yours at hand.

Pilot or not it takes money to run that business. Unfortunately I don't feel that they have my best interest nor yours at hand.

It takes money to run the business you work for also. Do you think the management has more of an interest in the pilots than ALPA?

In a corporate run world I think they both have about the same amount of interest in us.

In a corporate run world, labor is just an expense item.

Here is a line from the Skywest 2nd Qtr Report

Six months ended June 30,

Amount
Percentage
of
Revenue
Cents
per
ASM

Amount
Percentage
of
Revenue
Cents
Per
ASM
(in thousands)
(in thousands)
Salaries, wages and employee benefits
$
%
$
%

They even compare you to percent of revenue.

Edit: It didn't cut and past well but here is the link.
http://yahoo.brand.edgar-online.com/fetchFilingFrameset.aspx?dcn=0001104659-07-060228&Type=HTML

Last edited:
I am sure if ALPA was required to file with the SEC they would compare us to a percent of revenue. It is nice to know that OO shows where the money goes. ALPA on the other hand has not shown its pilots where their dues go. I am pretty sure most members would be pissed knowing where their hard earned 2% ends up.

I am sure if ALPA was required to file with the SEC they would compare us to a percent of revenue. It is nice to know that OO shows where the money goes. ALPA on the other hand has not shown its pilots where their dues go. I am pretty sure most members would be pissed knowing where their hard earned 2% ends up.

I guess yo haven't hear of the Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act of 1959. You can find out all about ALPA on the Department of Labor web page. And you can read the law on the skywestalpa.org web page because ALPA is not trying to hide anything.
http://www.skywestalpa.org/documents/lmrda.pdf

And for those who want to know how the 1.95% of your dues are appriated (I've already posted here before but I'll post it again), here is the link. It is on the skywestalpa.org web page. Again, ALPA is NOT trying to hide anything. Otherwise they wouldn't make it convinient for you to find these documents on their web page.
http://www.skywestalpa.org/documents/Dues.Dollar.Allocation.pdf

As for Skywest showing were the money goes, they only do it because they are publicly held company. If they were privately owned, I'm 100% sure they wouldn't because they would not be required. AND the SEC does NOT require companies them to compare their labor costs to revenue (its simple math that any analysts can do if they really wanted to know). They do it to show off.

Please all of you out there, take a minute and call the Skywest pilots you know and encourage them to vote.

Thank you for your support!

So its okay to throw the new hires overboard since you got yours? What is next? A B-scale. Oh wait, the Brasilia pilots were already thrown overboard with their defacto B scale.
He is a brasilia pilot....
and I do remember the whole reimbursement thing... I didnt care because i had mine already and I use it for personal travel

Latest resources

Back