What did SAPA do about this?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Experiences?

true. in fact, according to the OC, the biggest stumbling block they have is pilots who have come from ALPA regionals, and based on their experiences do not want it here.

I see you are getting worked up again, moron! Only some mgmt slob could possibly find the spare time to come here and attempt to shoot down every single pro-ALPA post.
-I can't wait to see you get your retard butt handed to you!

-Get some-beee-atch!

If you haven't been at SKYW very long then you don't know that passports were not originally a reqiurement for the job, nor was the FCC license. They recently became requirements and we were not reimbursed. It doesn't matter if you use your passport outside of work or not, not everyone had one and they were forced to get one on their own dime. It sounds like a small complaint, but it is the small things that add up.

We used to not get paid for training, then we did, then we didn't, now we do again. We used have single occupancy hotel rooms, now we have double occupancy (new hire training only). We used to have to pay for our new hire uniforms, now we don't. We used to have to buy our Jepps and binders, now????? The point is that Skywest changes their requirements and what they do and do not pay for all the time. We need reimbursements and expenses in a legally binding contract.

Union contracts often include reimbursements for

Medicals (SKYW does not)
Dry Cleaning (SKYW does not)
Passports (SKYW does not)

Now consider that adds up to a few hundred extra dollars a year and consider the fact that my benefits this year cost a few hundred dollars more than last year. Every little bit counts. And it was those little bits in addition to the larger issues that the Contract Study Committee addressed unlike SAPA.

You kind of got screwed then, because I got reimbursed for mine. I believe it's the newhires that are coming in after the fact have to provide the passport and FCC prior to interview. Good try though

I was expecting honest answers and at least a little effort to make things better. Having meetings in exotic locations really makes it hard to believe that they were involved in meaningful discussions on how to improve the quality of life for the pilots they represent. Telling me to grieve it and wait isn't very pro-active leadership.

Like I said too many what ifs. JO is not running the show.

Well you can get rid of that what-if and many others if the ALPA drive is successful. Wont have to worry as much about the next CEO if you have a NMB certified union representing Skywest pilots.

You kind of got screwed then, because I got reimbursed for mine. I believe it's the newhires that are coming in after the fact have to provide the passport and FCC prior to interview. Good try though

So its okay to throw the new hires overboard since you got yours? What is next? A B-scale. Oh wait, the Brasilia pilots were already thrown overboard with their defacto B scale.

Latest resources

Back