• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What a NO vote means.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Skynation, not calling you a liar, but at four years the most you could be making in the company would be 65 an hour. And that would be if you were flying the 900 only. At your FAA max that would be 65,000 a year. How can you be pulling in 80+ a year? Are you one of those guys that counts per-diem? Even if you do the most I could see you making in per-diem is 7K a year. Please explain, I am curious.

yes, I count per diem. I credit over 100 hrs. per month, usually. it's all about credit, not block hours flown. I will not time out on block, but soft time gets my credit up. I had one month where I credited 128. my low is 93.

all I do is look at my pay stub and see the YTD total. yes I pick up extra, usually for JRM pay if I can.

we have a dude here who claims to have credited 1700 hrs. in one year. I don't know how he did it, but I don't doubt that he did. he's a regular line pilot, too.

Last edited:
ALPA is YOU and I. If YOU don't like what direction ALPA is going in, its up to YOU to do something about it. Run for an LEC rep position, volunteer to be a committee member, make a phone call to your MEC chairman, email the president of ALPA, etc but don't just point out the problems unless you are trying to come up with solutions. That is one part of being a union member. We are all adults and professionals. Its time to act like it and make a difference instead of just complaining.
Act professional? Thats not anything like the pro alpa guys lingering around the crew room like a stinky cabbage fart in the bathroom of a Thai food restaraunt.

I find the people most against ALPA seem to be the one's who have had it before or have it now. From my ex-Comair buddy who walked the picket line in 2001 to a senior United captain to a US Air jumpseater. There are a lot of very dissatisfied ALPA members right now. Perhaps they're all ignorant?

Spin it any way you want, why don't you ask them if they would rather be union-less. HMMM! Seems like if they are trying to get rid of ALPA, they are trying to get a different UNION in... At least ALPA is a step in the right direction.

What I am worried about IF this vote does not pass is the ability for Skywest pilots to move on. Why would ALPA carriers want t hire from a group like us. They do not need the negativity on their property. The full page ad in USA today was a message to all Skywest pilots.

What I am worried about IF this vote does not pass is the ability for Skywest pilots to move on. Why would ALPA carriers want t hire from a group like us. They do not need the negativity on their property. The full page ad in USA today was a message to all Skywest pilots.
They will move on just fine.

A no vote (or not voting) simply means that the majority of SkyWest pilots feel that we do not need union representation at SkyWest. It does not mean all SkyWest pilots are anti-union and/or anti-ALPA. It also does not mean that any SkyWest pilot will have difficulty moving on to any other company because we voted down a union.

I've only been here 4 and I'll make in the low 80's. you must bid for days off, and you must bid junior and/or commute to get those trips.

I didn't say everyone did, but I have enough friends who do to prove what I said.

why would I lie?
Because you are a sack of $hit loser, and will never be able to go anywhere else! You and xp00p should set up a mutual admiration crashpad. Your friends are xp00p, jea, and the queen of all queens hellonewwoman!
PBR

Yep, that's about the size of it. The next time you have one of these blithering idiots on your jumpseat talking smack about ALPA, ask them a few questions. Ask them the names of their three LEC Officers. Ask them the names of their three MEC Officers. Ask them the amendable date on their contract. Ask them the difference between the Executive Council and the Executive Board. Ask them to explain what the ALPA BOD is. Chances are, these imbeciles won't know the answers to any of these questions, because the average anti-ALPA mouth-breather doesn't know jack sh*& about the organization that he spends all of his time attacking. Hating ALPA has been "fashionable" for the past few years. All of the newbies hear their uninformed Captains talking crap about ALPA, so they join in too. Neither of them has a clue what they're talking about, but that doesn't matter, because it's just "cool" to hate ALPA. Finding an informed pilot that has well thought out opinions about his dislike of ALPA is a fool's errand. ALPA-haters are almost exclusively uninformed.

All this from a scumbag who bought his job at GIA!

Latest resources

Back