• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What a NO vote means.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To vote no means that you are absolutely trusting that regular falible people in management will never change their mind about you as a person and will always be there when you need them. They will be thinking of how a career loss to you would be so sad and that they would give up their own job before they would give up yours. It also means that in a career field where you have to start at the bottom all over again should you lose your job you have no problem hangin it all out there for someone to spank. You trust management with your career and place them in the driver seat of your life. And that is ok with you.

I wholeheartedly agree with the original theme of this post. Over the past few years, SKYW management has reduced our QOL by changing the interpretations of our policies (and sometimes the policy manual itself) and giving us a substandard pay freeze that is making them millions. If we do not unionize now, that is the same as our pilot group saying that it is okay for SKYW to treat us like that and it will continue to get worse. We would be giving them the green light to cut costs from the pilot group whenever they see fit because they know we won't/can't do anything about it. It won't be out of spite or retribution, it will merely be a business decision made up of the pilot group's dollars and cents.

Act professional? Thats not anything like the pro alpa guys lingering around the crew room like a stinky cabbage fart in the bathroom of a Thai food restaraunt.

There is nothing inherently unprofessional with pro ALPA guys lingering around the crew room. Or is it just because you disagree with their message?

Hey a$$hole....dont f*&k with thai food!!! One of my favorite foods and wonderful people!
wow did i slam the people? I dont particularly care for the food... seems to give some people gas... but yeah the people are great!

lighten up dude... or not

I wholeheartedly agree with the original theme of this post. Over the past few years, SKYW management has reduced our QOL by changing the interpretations of our policies (and sometimes the policy manual itself) and giving us a substandard pay freeze that is making them millions. If we do not unionize now, that is the same as our pilot group saying that it is okay for SKYW to treat us like that and it will continue to get worse. We would be giving them the green light to cut costs from the pilot group whenever they see fit because they know we won't/can't do anything about it. It won't be out of spite or retribution, it will merely be a business decision made up of the pilot group's dollars and cents.

have you seen this? http://www.doihaveafuturehere.org/

sounds like having ALPA doesn't make you immune.
from the site:

'Recent developments, such as the rigid enforcement of an Attendance Policy that disciplines pilots who call in sick when they are actually sick, unilateral policy changes that have cost our pilots substantial amounts of pay, an exceedingly high grievance case load, and repeatedly denied requests for scheduling accommodations that would greatly enhance our quality of life have provided the impetus for this strategic campaign.'

from the site:

'Recent developments, such as the rigid enforcement of an Attendance Policy that disciplines pilots who call in sick when they are actually sick, unilateral policy changes that have cost our pilots substantial amounts of pay, an exceedingly high grievance case load, and repeatedly denied requests for scheduling accommodations that would greatly enhance our quality of life have provided the impetus for this strategic campaign.'

SkyNation,

Quit spreading your stupidity. You're the Whore that brought about the decline of AWAC. Your pilot groups destruction is not limited to AWAC. 90 seat flying for 50 seat pay and you celebrate. Not to bash your Pilot Group, at least some of your brothers and sisters are trying to do something about that. And here you attempt to bash ALPA. Go read a book, get a clue, then do yourself a favor and STFU.

Trojan

Last edited:
REASONS TO VOTE NO:
1. You are too cheap to invest in the future of the profession.
2. You don't trust yourself or your fellow pilots with a seat at the bargaining table.

It's that simple...

from the site:

In a union, EVERYONE is treated the same regarding attendance policy. No one gets favored treatment and sweet hart deals. This in turn brings up the moral of everyone and make everybody's QOL better rather than the select few.

In any case, sick call policy is mostly at management's discretion and all ALPA can do is to make sure disciplinary action is distributed fairly and per the policy. And if not, the federally binding contract allows for a process for "unjust" actions by the management.

But I guess some people rather keep their sweet hart deals instead.

from the site:

You missed a key word in all of that, Skynation: grievance. The ALPA pilots at AWAC have the grievance process as outlined in their CBA and the RLA to address these issues. When management changes your policy manual at a whim, you get no grievance and no say. You have zero recourse. Don't you want a say in your career? Join the rest of us in fighting for a better profession instead of spending the rest of your life on your knees begging Jerry for scraps.

There is nothing inherently unprofessional with pro ALPA guys lingering around the crew room. Or is it just because you disagree with their message?
I'm fine with them being there... What i feel is unprofessional is when they linger around outside the crew room and try to force their opinions on others - in front of passengers... THAT is unprofessional.. passengers do not need to be concerned with that. Am I wrong? I know I said IN the crew room before... sorry

Latest resources

Back