• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What a NO vote means.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm fine with them being there... What i feel is unprofessional is when they linger around outside the crew room and try to force their opinions on others - in front of passengers... THAT is unprofessional.. passengers do not need to be concerned with that. Am I wrong? I know I said IN the crew room before... sorry
For every stupid post you bring up in this public forum I am gonna start posting the 5 digits of your employee number, and when that fills in I will start with your name.
and the first number is..... 2
Eat $hit you pogue.
PBR
Wanna keep going?

I'm fine with them being there... What i feel is unprofessional is when they linger around outside the crew room and try to force their opinions on others - in front of passengers... THAT is unprofessional.. passengers do not need to be concerned with that. Am I wrong? I know I said IN the crew room before... sorry

Would someone who is pro-ALPA feel the same way as you? Is it unprofessional for passengers to hear it? Depends on how they "force their opinions on others."

Look, this is a very important decision for ALL Skywest pilots and with the apparent apathy from your past "voting" history, they are just making sure you have both sides of the story so that you do in fact vote in favor of ALPA.

For every stupid post you bring up in this public forum I am gonna start posting the 5 digits of your employee number, and when that fills in I will start with your name.
and the first number is..... 2
Eat $hit you pogue.
PBR
Wanna keep going?

Classic!

Forcing their opinions on you huh? You are a timid, weak-minded individual if you refer to what the ALPA folks are doing as forcefull. Candy-a$$!

Anybody that includes PER DIEM is a dip sh!t. PER DIEM IS NOT PAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If it was you would be taxed. Realistically, at the most, with the lines the way they were written, you might get $8k a year in Per Diem.. What do you think you spend on the road in a year as a normal line pilot? Not some slam clicker that hides in his/her room and eats peanuts and drinks from the airplane or drags around some giant lunch bag with 40lbs worth of sh!t.
Yes you can eat for less than $38.00 per day but what the fu$k. Most of the people I flew with spent more than that in the bar. Before you slam me about the bar, I'll tell ya to fu@k off now. Maybe some bologna sandwiches' like Sheriff Joe Arpaio does to the prisoners in Arizona for $1.60 a day. Yeah that's the way to live, living the dream.
I was there for just at nine years and NEVER made 100K including all soft pay.
Stay focused on what this drive is all about, including EVERY pilot in pay talks, quality of life issues and so on. Do not be bought off by the cheap trinkets offered up by SGU. They will bend you over and break it off once the vote is over. Back in the day, SGU really cared about it crews, now it is all about the almighty dollar.

I'm pro-ALPA, but I have to disagree with you. I don't think our management would do that. Not because they are noble, or principled, just because it would be counter-productive. While they will be able to relax and not worry about another union vote for the years to come, they will still have to attract new blood and control attrition, both of which are getting harder and harder.

Say what you will about SkyWest management, they have rarely shown aggressive tactics toward the pilot group as a whole. They're not out to get us, they just don't particularly care about us.

The reasons to support ALPA at SkyWest are many and varied, but to avoid retribution from the company seems a little paranoid and may turn off some fence-sitters.

I think the idea here is that the "annual pay review:rolleyes: " for this year will take about 3 seconds. Forget Zoltar, if you haven't already.

Any improvements to compensation or QOL will purely be market-based. The boys in SGU will know that this is the most apathetic pilot group in the industry.

A no vote means you are happy with SAPA in its current form. If this drive fails there will not be another of any kind for a long, long time. Keep that in mind. I vote yes to be legally represented.

I think the idea here is that the "annual pay review:rolleyes: " for this year will take about 3 seconds. Forget Zoltar, if you haven't already.

Any improvements to compensation or QOL will purely be market-based. The boys in SGU will know that this is the most apathetic pilot group in the industry.
I agree. Vote ALPA!

Our pay discussions are a joke, pure and simple. Any pay gains we achieve are purely due to the willingness of our management. They have all the power, yet we share in the risk.

Latest resources

Back