• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Well, there's about 1,000 more on the street

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sad sad day today. I feel for everyone that will be out of work as a result of DHL screwing up so bad, myself included. :(

Wilmington Ohio will become a one horse town when they pull the plug. I wonder how DHL will pay back the state of OH and local government when they took all that $$$ and promises of jobs to the area? You know that OH will sue the pants off of them. Unlike Kitty Hawk that went into BK and left FWA high and dry, DHL is still running and did not uphold their promise to the state when they were stuffing state and local cash into their wallet.

Man, we ALL got screwed by their screw up. :angryfire

How many ABX planes are going to remain on schedule the rest of this week?

Or Astar planes? They just knocked the wind out of everyones sails on both sides. Not too many heads being held high for a while. I would like to know how ABX plans to handle this one. No hiring, people jumping ship sounds like a junior man disaster around the corner. Operations will hit a historical low for the very near future. Maybe ATI will give ABX preferred hiring for those willing to go with all the 767's. What a mess!

Good luck to all ABX and Astar guys. Why that much sh&t happens to good people?

Or Astar planes? They just knocked the wind out of everyones sails on both sides. Not too many heads being held high for a while. I would like to know how ABX plans to handle this one. No hiring, people jumping ship sounds like a junior man disaster around the corner. Operations will hit a historical low for the very near future. Maybe ATI will give ABX preferred hiring for those willing to go with all the 767's. What a mess!

Quite a mess indeed Shooter. It would have been bad enough if just one segment of either company had been hit in an anouncement today, but when you consider that the entire operations of BOTH sides, i.e. mechs., crew sched., loaders, etc are going to be lower than well digger's shoes and more than willing to let DHL know what they think.....well....I think you get the picture.

On a brighter note, the Anual AStar Family Picnic, car show, and aircraft static display will be this Sat. sooo everybody come on out and have a grand old time!!!!! MORONS!!!!!

As a former ABXer I would like to express my sadness at this news. All of you deserve much better than this, and I greive this irresponsible damage to a fine company and great operation.

Folks,

This just came out about an hour ago. We may be down but we’re certainly not out. Check out the entire article, but below is what Hete had to say.

Mike V

http://www.aircargoworld.com/break_news/05272008c.htm

Hete also noted that "ABX Air's management team, working in tandem with our other ATSG companies, is already examining alternatives for deploying our DHL aircraft with other customers, and other business options that would maximize the return on our investments and the capabilities of our employees. Those options may include services for customers in the U.S. and around the world in markets where demand for efficient, flexible air cargo and related services continues to expand."

I am sure many of the affected would love to hear some good news. However I find it quite ironic that the above link directs you to :

The page cannot be found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
Please try the following:

Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.
Click the Back button to try another link.
HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

Although I guess it is correct as no good news can be found.

Latest resources

Back