• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wearing ID while non-rev

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why do I see this so much? What is the purpose of wearing your ID badge around your neck while you are nonreving? You just want to make sure people know you work for the airlines, and that you are special?

If anything, I don't want people to know I am nonreving.

People that do this just scream doche-bag.

Because the flight attendants give me a free headset to watch the movie.

If you're out there drinking free booze in first (the biggest reason to try to get into first) with your id on, you've got bigger problems than just having your id on. If you work for a company that wouldn't fire you for that, where do you work?

-Blucher:erm:

The AOA (Airport Operations Area) is both in and outside the SIDA area. The back of my badge mentions that the assigned person must wear the badge. Has nothing to do with SIDA. Last I heard, passengers wern't assigned company badges, just a guess...that's probably why they don't wear badges, but thanks for sprinkling your ignorance on the topic.
You're not in a SIDA area in the terminal. Ever notice how all your passengers aren't wearing badges too?

The AOA (Airport Operations Area) is both in and outside the SIDA area. The back of my badge mentions that the assigned person must wear the badge. Has nothing to do with SIDA. Last I heard, passengers wern't assigned company badges, just a guess...that's probably why they don't wear badges, but thanks for sprinkling your ignorance on the topic.
This is a gem!!!

Here's some more ignorance for ya. Pax are issued boarding passes to get through security. A nonrev is supposed to have one too to get through security. Badge.......not required. My wife doesn't have one and she nonrevs just fine. Drivers License works real good and fits nicely in my wallet.

I wear the ID, but I find my pants much too constricting, so I take them off!!!!! USELESS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!

Why do I see this so much?

People that do this just scream doche-bag.

A. Who Cares.

B. Why care about someone you don't know and what they are wearing? (unless it is a hot chick with a thong sticking out of her low rider jeans). I digress...

C. Who Cares

D. WHO CARESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

I think in FOM of the company that I work for it says that the company ID should not be displayed while non-reving. When I'm in normal clothes I don't wear it unless I'm going through security, but when I'm commuting in costume, I do.

Latest resources

Back