• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wearing ID while non-rev

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why do I see this so much? What is the purpose of wearing your ID badge around your neck while you are nonreving? You just want to make sure people know you work for the airlines, and that you are special?

If anything, I don't want people to know I am nonreving.

People that do this just scream doche-bag.

I would rather look stupid in front of you then loose my ID badge with all my useless but somewhat important junk on it........you are a DUMB-ASS.....I'm always waiting for someone like you to come up to me while I'm going home.....I WOULD LOVE IT!!!!!!!! Pleas be a man get off the computer and come up to me next time your bad-ass is running around the airport!!!!!.....WHAT A STUPID POST!!!!!!!!

Why do I see this so much? What is the purpose of wearing your ID badge around your neck while you are nonreving? You just want to make sure people know you work for the airlines, and that you are special?

If anything, I don't want people to know I am nonreving.

People that do this just scream doche-bag.
Why are you nonreving? You are not even a pilot yet.

My wife non-rev's all the time, and she's not a pilot.

-Blucher

Thats exactly what I am saying. This guy is not a pilot, yet he is complaining about what pilots do with their ID's, to me it does not make any sense, he should be greatful for the airlines that allow him to fly for free, rather than rag on their workforce.

If you are an airline crewmember, and are PROUDLY displaying your ID while non-revving in civvies (I don't know why you would...I carry my baby with me in uniform to avoid TSA harassment -which looks stupid I know), you are the equivalent of the 25 year old going back to your high school homecoming with your letter jacket.

Probably the adult way to get a first class seat, is to keep your toolish ID in your pocket. When you are about to hop through the door, give the F/As a quick ID flip and say hi. Usually works.

Then again, it might get your rocks off to continually answer where the can is, if the flight is ontime and what gate the flight to rochester leaves from....

TOOLS

I just use it to get through security on my commute back to domicile. I dont see the point in wearing it when i am in civvies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back