Wearing ID while non-rev

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Am I the only one that does this?

When non-revving to my domicile I clip my id to the right side of my shirt.
When non-revving away from my domicile I clip my id to the left side of my shirt.
When non-revving to a hub I wear my id around my neck.
When non-revving to an outstation on mainline I wear my id on my left ear.
When traveling positive space on company business I clip my id to my right ear.
When jumpseating to my domcile I clip my id to the right side of my pants.
When jumpseating away from my domcile I clip my id to the left side of my pants.
When jumpseating into a hub I clip my id to the bottom right cuff of my pants.
When jumpseating into an outstation I clip my id to the bottom left cuff of my pants.
When at work I clip my id to my crotch - because I like it when people look there.

I thought this was all standard - really, am I the only one doing this?

This is the worst thread to ever be started on Flightinfo. We are all dumber for having read this. You are awarded no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

Even worse, it's not the first time this particular thread has come up!

Personally, I don't see why it's an issue.

So I think the general consensus is that wearing your ID badge while non-reving does in fact make you look like a douch e bag.

Also, all these people saying you wear it to help get through security. Has TSA changed their policy? Most places I know will not let you take regular liquids and toiletries through unless you have an ID and are in uniform. Have I missed something?

The fact is, there is no need to have it displayed. I think wearing it is like saying to the other passengers "yeah, I am flying for free".

Are you married ? Does your wife often utter a phrase like "LET IT GO !" ? The other day in PHX,the TSA lady was relieved to see I was a wearing my ID so she didn't have to go searching through my bag.In almost 7 years as an airline pilot,this discussion has never,not once,came up.With anybody.Anywhere.The only people who would bring it up on this board are jealous airline wannabees.

5 pages... some of you need to get a life...

WHO GIVES A CRAP WHAT OTHER PEOPLE DO GUYS !!!

Wow...I'm going back to my Charter Board...this hurt.

Heh heh, and I don't even have to bring ID when I airline. But I do have to take my dam shoes off.........oh, well.

Disclaimer:
Hope you see this as funny. If you don't, then start a thread again about wearing backpacks, spiked hair, or Oakley's.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back