• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Weak L-UAL pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No. We are not accepting the fact that you want to "harvest" our flying. Flying that is not yours. I'm voting yes. Yes to one seniority group, one union and ending the bickering.

So your 737 orders aren't enough? The T&PA language isn't worth fighting for? You'd rather sign an agreement that might lack in QOL to the point we all end up with junior looking schedules, and that farms out huge amounts of flying to RJs? Haven't you guys done enough of that?

BTW: I'm IAH based and from where I sit you've harvested some of our very best flying and wrecked our best BES. Not because we were lacking the right equipment. Our 762s and 764s make better choice for etops. Your 763s are such clunkers the company doesn't want them out of sight of land!

I don't necessarily disagree with most of that Chppr... I would like to draw out that you might further explain what you've said right there about pay banding: You acknowledge that DAL has pay banding for 777/747, but fail to point it is not what you guys were initially insisting on?! Baron (and all of us) were taking issue with UAL ALPA wanting the 747 alone at the top. CAL ALPA being adverse to, and fighting, a UAL ALPA SLI grab does not mean we are trying to make our own. We might have ended up with the 764 below the 747/777, but because JH over reached we ended up with more airplanes banded. Keep in mind, if you were bringing $300/hr with that 744? Sure, put it at the top. But you were not. It pays WAY below what the 764 does.

Got news for you UAL guys: This isn't going to let up. Start with resonable positions on the remaining issues and don't vote for a TA just based on big bad JP hiding under your bed. There may be enough here to say yes to, but if you think you'll be happier moving onto SLI because it's going to be a windfall for you? Good luck with that.

Additionally, with regard to PS and the traning issue and such, when have you guys offered to fall on your sword for us?

I guess if $3 an hr is WAY below then so be it. The pay banding is an abortion. We should have gotten rid if pay banding. LUAL agreed to come off of the 744 being alone and band it with the 777, not the 764. CAL protected 16 764 to the detriment of the 130+ 757's that are banded with the 320. The 75/76 were banded at the 76 rate prior to this banding. As to the "falling on the sword for us " comment, name something we rear ended you on??? Bueller....You have a MC that is indebted to the VPFO, a history of union reps moving to management. This is not urban legend, this is fact. I want to unite with you guys, but we have to keep checking our 6. If we are guilty of anything it's capitulating to JP. I'm not aware of us not backing you on anything.

So your 737 orders aren't enough? The T&PA language isn't worth fighting for? You'd rather sign an agreement that might lack in QOL to the point we all end up with junior looking schedules, and that farms out huge amounts of flying to RJs? Haven't you guys done enough of that?

BTW: I'm IAH based and from where I sit you've harvested some of our very best flying and wrecked our best BES. Not because we were lacking the right equipment. Our 762s and 764s make better choice for etops. Your 763s are such clunkers the company doesn't want them out of sight of land!

And this is when your credibility goes down the toilet. I guess the 763 flying out of EWR are going class 1??? Stick with the facts, UCH is moving equipment to maximize the route network, I guess lobbing grenades is more fun.

And this is when your credibility goes down the toilet. I guess the 763 flying out of EWR are going class 1??? Stick with the facts, UCH is moving equipment to maximize the route network, I guess lobbing grenades is more fun.

No, seriously. I flew a 764 with ADS and CPDLC out of IAH. Remind me please? 763s don't even have GPS?

....You have a MC that is indebted to the VPFO, a history of union reps moving to management. This is not urban legend, this is fact. I want to unite with you guys, but we have to keep checking our 6. If we are guilty of anything it's capitulating to JP. I'm not aware of us not backing you on anything.

I would say that begrudging us our effort to get PS last year was a bit excessive. Additionally, I think to insist on 70% of the 450 million was as well. These are things we should have been more together on that are not JP's fault. You probably have not handled JP too well, but you're also guilty of capitulating to JH. He's got an agenda and it only includes his needs. You of all people should see this.

Last edited:
Should have just started with 744 and 777 banding. We saw it as a grab and made you pay for it. Banding was not going anywhere btw, we have done it for a long time. We didn't just dream it up to hurt you.

I'll let you in on a secret. Or at least something you don't realize. In this Mexican standoff we have here, there is indeed a kinship that exists that UAL pilots are not part of. See, we all know what you really wish you could do to us. We know you would prefer to be wearing screw CAL pins and laughing at us as you explain we are all about to lose everything. Cause you would rather not even staple us; You'd rather see us out of work with no income and no insurance. You had a lot bigger audience with a lot longer memory than you thought when you trashed Frontier pilots lives in Denver. I'm sorry it's getting a lot of junior UAL pilots caught up in it, but your 570s and 539s called down the thunder. The good news is: It won't be that bad. No one is looking for actual revenge. It just factors in and stays in the background.

Wow, you figured it out...You saw right thru us.....You are definitely out there. So I guess if we think along the same lines as you do, we should lump you all in with the scabs? I guess all rational debating is done here. Funny though, you never stated when we rear ended you, when we stalled the process, when we didn't have your back. I guess your attacks and conspiracy theories are a diversionary tactic. The silence is still deafening....

How many widebody aircraft did CAL have before the merger? Was it 16 oh wait 34 widebodies? Now your bitching? Shut up wimp! Fred and his friends like Lorenzo will not be getting our rightful flying like you and your senior pilots did to Eastern. Also there is NO guarantee those 737s are coming to LUAL if the TPA expires. But we won't be letting that happen with our YES vote!

What, if any, provisions of the TPA expire in the event the TA is not ratified?

The company would be able to terminate 4-D Domiciles, 7-A s-UAL Furlough, 7-C Flying ratios, 7-D Base protections, and 9.

Like CAL would not just come in and harvest more flying. MY A$$!

How many widebody aircraft did CAL have before the merger? Was it 16 oh wait 34 widebodies? Now your bitching? Shut up wimp! Fred and his friends like Lorenzo will not be getting our rightful flying like you and your senior pilots did to Eastern. Also there is NO guarantee those 737s are coming to LUAL if the TPA expires. But we won't be letting that happen with our YES vote!

I'd have been perectly happy keeping what I had. Unfortunately, it got leverged for your sake.

Latest resources

Back