We Won!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
??

I hear all you guys talking about.. "get out of mesa".."jump ship" "eject eject".... you say it like its so easy. Go where I ask???

ASA= where they are hiring into a pool
Eagle = cancelled interviews including mine
Comair = got back to making $23hr with an indefinite upgrade
Republic = where they have stopped hiring, also go back to $20hr
Skywest = where you be on reserve forever. I have a buddy at skw who has only built 200 hours in six months.
compass = where they have flow back from NWA(who is gonna furlough any day now)

-the majors aren't hiring
-there is a surplus of pilots on the streets right now due to Aloha,ATA,EOS, and Skybus layoffs.

Etc etc

you honestly think a captain making $60hr at MESA is gonna go back to the right seat at another airline making $22hr?????? nooooo....they are gonna ride it out to the wheels fall off.

And for you guys hoping that we furlough and the pilots being out on their asses....Gate 25 at JFK and share your thoughts with any of us.

I hear all you guys talking about.. "get out of mesa".."jump ship" "eject eject".... you say it like its so easy. Go where I ask???

Skywest = where you be on reserve forever. I have a buddy at skw who has only built 200 hours in six months.

-there is a surplus of pilots on the streets right now due to Aloha,ATA,EOS, and Skybus layoffs.

Etc etc

you honestly think a captain making $60hr at MESA is gonna go back to the right seat at another airline making $22hr?????? nooooo....they are gonna ride it out to the wheels fall off.

And for you guys hoping that we furlough and the pilots being out on their asses....Gate 25 at JFK and share your thoughts with any of us.

Sometimes you have to go back in life to go forwards!!! What about the FO's making sh!t, horrible work rules, etc??

We all don't wish pilots on the streets, just want mesa to be gone already!! You really sound like a brainwashed mesa puke, keep drinking JO's contaminated Kool-Aid and you will have a great career at mesa (at least for a few more months)!!!:p Good luck naive youngin'!!

I hear you. But . . .

The hiring environment will never be "perfect", and is only going to get worse in the near future.

The fact that you're worried about one year at a reduced rate only shows your youth. Trust me . . . a year is nothing.

But as a nearly 10 year "veteran" of Mesa, I can tell you that once I left, I couldn't believe I waited so long to do so in the first place. I should have left Mesa by year 3 .. .. 5 at the latest, to go ANYWHERE else.

As Han Solo once said "No reward is worth this." Pay and seniority at Mesa are an illusion, because it's really hard to enjoy yourself when getting beat up all the time.

At the end of the day, what will you do if you never do get hired by that "perfect" major? Become a grizzled and bitter Mesa "lifer"? How long will it take you to figure out that's what you've become, and that it's too late to change anything about it?

After awhile no one cares how much CRJ time you have. Expand your horizons. The Skybus guys all received type ratings, and will be able to get very secure, high paying jobs all over the world. Aloha guys have excellent prospects as well.

You had a shot at Republic, right? Too bad you didn't jump on it. Not a bad place to be . . .

Etc etc

Wishing Mesa would disappear cuts both ways. While there are pilots with careers and families, and I hope for the best with them, they chose to go to a company with a reputation of questionable ethics. They were looking at the quick upgrade or simply not doing research on it. These guys are reaping what they sowed.

Etc etc

Already thinking like this at year two? Sounds like the makings of a wonderful Mesa lifer.

compass = where they have flow back from NWA(who is gonna furlough any day now)And where is your source for this? Your intellect? If so, try again.

Etc etc

As for grammar and spelling errors...What would you expect from the recent (lack of) quality of regional new hires? MAPD 300 hour wonders with a high school education should, at least, be able to spell at a 3rd grade level. Looks like that may not be a hiring requirement! Is anyone surprised?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back