• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

We Won!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh by the way... If Mesa was confident in any way that they would win this whole suit:

1. why did they hire bankruptcy lawyers?

2. why did they prepare a press release for BK day?

Looks like a lot of money to spend for a company soooooo confident!!

I definatly hope Mesa looses they're flying. Hopefully they will furloh soon and Delta will chose some one else for that flying. Figured I would just sum up all errors in one pointless message.

I definatly hope Mesa looses they're flying. Hopefully they will furloh soon and Delta will chose some one else for that flying. Figured I would just sum up all errors in one pointless message.

Nice. What I have come to expect of FI :laugh:

Only pdub20s so far. Soverytired has not come in to gloat yet. So, I figure I will wait to see further proof.

Gloat? For this? Hardly. I think Delta will win this before all is said and done.

I'm happy for the Mesa pilots who get a few extra months to interview elsewhere and get hired anywhere else. But they really should press on and get the heck out of there ASAP.

Preferably, not to another regional either. Remember, if Delta can't dump their lift at Mesa, that just means more pain for other lift providers. If Delta can't get rid of some of it's unprofitable lift, they'll go bankrupt, which will mean even MORE regional lift that will disappear.

Oh, buy the way "they" were not cutting "us" only the 50 seaters!

"Buy" the way..... How much does the way cost? Why do I want to "buy" the way? May I just lease it? Do I really need it? Where does "the way" go? Are there streetlights? Are there streets? Can I pay cash for "the way", or do I need to finance it? How is the school system?

Nevermind, you may keep your "way". I'm not interested. Thanks anyway!

Mesa sucks.....

Morningstar released a report that pretty much said Mesa is the #1 most likely carrier to go under next.

I'm not gloating. I'm PLEADING with Mesa guys to get their heads out of the sand and get the heck out of Mesa ASAP.

http://news.morningstar.com/articlenet/article.aspx?id=237841
===============================

Mesa Air
Mesa Air is perhaps the weakest of the regional carriers. It has roughly $120 million-$130 million in unrestricted cash and marketable securities and roughly $50 million-$100 million of financeable spare parts. Assuming no cash burn, which cannot be guaranteed, and assuming that the spare parts Mesa owns are financeable at full price, the regional carrier could have $230 million in potential liquidity to satisfy roughly the same amount in debt and legal obligations during the next 10 months. This assumes the court requires Mesa to post a bond related to the Aloha trial of the same dollar value as the one it had ordered to cover damages. There's a chance Mesa might be able to squeak by during the next 10 months if the court upholds its position on the Delta dispute or if Mesa continues to dilute existing shareholders. However, we think there's a high probability of financial distress, particularly considering its long-term debt load of more than $550 million.

************************** why won't Mesa just diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie!?

First thing:

You guys wishing for these Mesa pilots to be out on the street are little more than small-minded jackasses. Some of you need a reminder of how quickly fortunes change in this industry and that "but by the grace of God go (you.)"

Absolutely shameful.....and outright disgusting.

The enemy here is JO.....not your fellow pilots.....despite your playground reasoning and twisted logic.

Second point: Equally disgusting is how JO needs to spend millions to have lawyers keep these contracts intact when a modest pay raise and a few changes in the way his company does business would make it such that his employees would be willing to go the extra mile and do the same exact thing.

Latest resources

Back