• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

We Won!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For the second time... RAH pays $400 a week tax free per diem for the first four weeks. Just keep making excuses if it makes yourself feel better...

In other words, $1600/mo tax free, or $19,200/yr if you managed to stretch your training out a bit. :)

Considering the tax free nature of the renumeration, this is actually a far better take-home salary than nearly all fo's at all regionals get their first year, Mesa included.

To be fair, he dodged a furlough. Nevertheless, I personally think it would have been better to take a risk and make the jump anyway. There may have been recall rights, pilots who are unemployed are highly motivated to find other jobs and tend to do so, and Mesa would have you back (shudder).

If you wait for the "perfect" opportunity, you WILL be a Mesa lifer. The longer you stay, the harder it will be to leave.

In other words, $1600/mo tax free, or $19,200/yr if you managed to stretch your training out a bit. :)

Considering the tax free nature of the renumeration, this is actually a far better take-home salary than nearly all fo's at all regionals get their first year, Mesa included.

To be fair, he dodged a furlough. Nevertheless, I personally think it would have been better to take a risk and make the jump anyway. There may have been recall rights, pilots who are unemployed are highly motivated to find other jobs and tend to do so,
and Mesa would have you back (shudder).

If you wait for the "perfect" opportunity, you WILL be a Mesa lifer. The longer you stay, the harder it will be to leave.

True. He dodged being placed in a hiring pool with the first call back. Still a better place if you ask me. I tried to justify being at Mesa myself while I was there. But the minute I put my resume out there again I already felt like I had taken my life back.

People have been hard on you Pdubs... but I think my point is that it seems hard to justify leaving right now, but I challenge you to find a pilot that has regrets for leaving there.

Itz a preliminary injuction..... DAL lawyers will regroup and attack.... prediction is DAL drags it out in court and MESA files Bk..... J.O. still makes money fo his self..... bouyyyyyyyy.....

Itz a preliminary injuction..... DAL lawyers will regroup and attack.... prediction is DAL drags it out in court and MESA files Bk..... J.O. still makes money fo his self..... bouyyyyyyyy.....

Crashpad.....

I am profoundly disappointed in this statement from you. Grammar somewhat correct and some big words were also spelled correctly. Get with it, man!

I declined because of the fact you dont get paid for the first 3- 4 weeks of training.

I call complete BS on that one. Not only is it an idiotic reason to not take a job, but you wouldn't have even taken the interview if you'd turn the offer down for that. You might work for mesa, but you're not a complete moron.

Even with that sad mesa salary, you gotta have enough reserves to get through 4 weeks of training pay that you somehow think they don't have.

I call complete BS on that one. Not only is it an idiotic reason to not take a job, but you wouldn't have even taken the interview if you'd turn the offer down for that. You might work for mesa, but you're not a complete moron.

Even with that sad mesa salary, you gotta have enough reserves to get through 4 weeks of training pay that you somehow think they don't have.

You must live at home with your mother or something. You think at 1st year FO Pay(cuz thats where i was at at the time) + Rent + bills + Living... I saved up enough enought money to pay all of those for atleast a month? In the words of Sho nuff, "N*gga Please!!" Right now im stuck at this airline until te industry comes back to life.. but when my time comes im gone.

ATLcrashpad: Its one thing to use heavy slang...and its another to sound like a ol negro slave LOL that last post had negro slave all over it.

Pdubs. Can we please clear one thing up... THEY PAY YOU THE FIRST MONTH. I'm not sure where you heard they don't. You have a few valid points... but turning down RAH because they supposedly don't pay for the first month is not one of them.

Pdubs. Can we please clear one thing up... THEY PAY YOU THE FIRST MONTH. I'm not sure where you heard they don't. You have a few valid points... but turning down RAH because they supposedly don't pay for the first month is not one of them.

honest to god...i even had the black lady(forgot her name) repeat it. she said, "Now you may not get paid for the first 3-4 weeks...." from what i remember she even had it on her slide show. I was prett siked up until then.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back