• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Waste Management & EJA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"We did. It was called matrixing"--- 1 hour? That's enough time.

"I saw a screen reader drag the trip line down-the-screen to the next available tail number and have it ferry across the country to do the trip when 3 others (one at the POD) were available but further down the screen."--- Your so-called "scren readers" don't assign trips. That's scheduling. 3 others available further down the screen???? The planes toward the bottom of the screen are smaller aircraft (ie Ultras) Are you aware that we do not downgrade our owners???

Again, I reiterate.... You don't know the half of it.

(BTW: I have been on the road. 3 days to be exact. Flying jumpseat on 2000.

I thought the whole "you don't get the big picture" thing was just a joke on the road, but it is quite apparent that you truley do not understand the operational side of the company.

Last edited:
NJACrewservicer said:
(BTW: I have been on the road. 3 days to be exact. Flying jumpseat on 2000.
Not to denigrate our Falcon brothers, but I had the opportunity to spend an evening chatting with a 2000 Captain the other evening. He was truely a "brother" and was carrying his load, but in comparing notes I was struck at just how disparate his job was compared to what we do in the smaller fleets, as was he. He has spent plenty of time in the smaller fleets earlier in his career at NJA but commented that what I was relating to him was nothing like what he'd experienced years ago.

The point is that three days in the jumpseat of the 2000 didn't really show you what the majority of us go through on a monthly basis. For that, you'll really need to do the 6 on / 3 off, 4 hour commute before & after, 14/10 multiple days in a row in an airplane without the jumpseat, flight attendant, food warming device, cabin cooling device, convenient lavatory which doesn't require you to clean up after yourself.

I thought the whole "you don't get the big picture" thing was just a joke on the road, but it is quite apparent that you truley do not understand the operational side of the company.
First, its "truely" (and I get after the pilots for the same thing)... But you are right, we don't. Not that we don't try. How often have you heard a pilot suggest a different way of doing something? Or mention that there is a lot of waste occurring and we (yes, the company) could save money by doing 'this'? We really DON'T see the big picture, but its not for not trying, and my guess is that the FMs, schedulers, owner services, crew services, etc. don't see the 'big picture' either. I've asked BB in his "executive briefings" about doing a program of just what you related. He said they tried and found it didn't do much.... This sort of cross department training could have significant results but they have to dedicate themselves to it and it needs to be given time and $$$ for it to succeed.

Spellcheck

You "Truly" should have stayed awake in 4th grade spelling class, as there is no word in our language spelled "Truely".

I couldn't disagree with you more. Tipping is a social contract charateristic of some occupations, but not all. It is expected that people tip waiters, cab drivers, barbers, and limo drivers. The tip she gave to the limo driver was expected, albeit generous.

Whether he as a limo driver makes more than you do as a pilot is irrelavent. You chose your occupation, and he chose his.

Carrying the customers' bags might not have a direct effect on your income, but I'd argue that if you truly bought into the service you provide, you'd find the practice worthwhile. Given the fact that most of a fractional/charter businesses customer base is built off of existing customers and referrals, happy customers mean repeat customers...and a more secure future for you.

Call me bus driver, limo driver or whatever you like. Just do your freakin' job and when you don't get me home by midnight, PUT IT IN THE SYSYEM, so I get paid.
By the time this stupid bus driver gets done chasing YOUR mistakes I could have worked another three hours at my part time gig so I can make ends meet.

X402, I think that is intended for scheduling. Your so-called screen readers are not responsible for your extended days. I'll just chalk that comment up to ignorance and reiterate the fact that you don't know half of what goes on up here.

The last time I spoke with a scheduler was when I upgraded to Capt. I didn't use the "screen reader" slam in my post. But, someone has to put a note in the system so the scheduler knows I didn't get to my gateway. I can't do it and the only person I have contact with is you or one of your co-workers. I can call CRC but that's only after I haven't been paid, then they can start to unscramble the mess.

You'll note I've restrained myself from calling you ignorant and not having a clue about the road and what goes on outside 4111. What I will say is there is a lot of finger pointing upstairs and not too many people who take responsibility for their screw ups. I see the end result of the work product from Bridgeway and it's not pretty.

Besides, if I knew and saw the whole picture, I'd be doing BB's job and that's beyond my pay grade.

Let me try to explain......

When you call your crewservice fleet and tell them that the company couldn't get you home under 14 hours, we then make a phone call to scheduling. Scheduling then realizes the problem and adds your airline request for the next day's schedule. At that point, scheduling is suppose to add an extended day to your schedule. (which happens, because you do indeed get home. Crew Services doesn't have the authority to request airlines for crews. It all goes through scheduling) When you submit your expenses and file for an extended day, payroll is suppose to look in your schedule to see if what you submitted is accurate. Sometimes scheduling doesn't put that information in your schedule for what ever reason. Thus, the reason for the delay in your paycheck.

As far as the finger pointing goes, you are correct. There is a lot of it. Just like in your previous post. (finger pointing at crew services for scheduling errors)

You don't have to call me ignorant about what goes out on the road. I know I don't have a clue. But, then again, I don't pretend to know either.

NJACREWSERVICER...I have a question.

I turned down an airline home on the last day because it put me over 14 and the flight manager said, "oh man that is gonna cost us alot of money..." and he seemed a bit upset. My question is this. Do the flight managers have a vested interest in saving the company money ? Do the flight managers get "dinged" when something like this happens ? The reason I am asking is because the flight manager was VERY concerned about this situation and it almost seemed as if he/she was part of the decision making process and therefore would hear about this in the end. This is a REAL question...not a slam...just trying to understand the big picture.:confused:

By the way...whether you care or not, the flight managers have all been excellent in my previous fleet except 1...it always seems like they try to help and they seem to want to do a good job. Coming from a TRUE Nutjets hater, that is definitely a compliment.

Latest resources

Back