Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Quality Customer Service

Mephisto said:
You were hired to provide a SERVICE to the NJA owners, and you are compensated to do so. It's really a pretty simple arrangement. Taking your frustration with this arrangement out on the people that ultimately provide you with that compensation is sheer idiocy.
Amen.

Majik, it sounds like you are recieving the compensation you deserve for the "service" you provide.

I really hope you guys get a better contract than the current one, but if all of the pilots provide the service you describe, I really doubt you'll get it.

Griz said:
Come on bonehead...post with your real name. Have some guts...

I post here with very little concern about what I say. Anyone with any connection to NetJets can figure out who I am. I figure if I can't say it online without a cover then it doesn't need to be said.

Mephisto, why don't you post your name and IP address for all to see. Have the courage of your convictions...my guess is that you'll keep your tired chicken ass hiding and sniping at your fellow pilots. All the time, trying to score points with the boys at bridgeway...pretty d_a_m_n weak.
1. He wasn't being serious. See his reply above.
2. Sniping at my fellow pilots? Hardly, I was pointing out to one the error of his supposed ways, which we now know were false.
3. Settle down, Francis.

Griz said:
You might want to ask JP who helps out with the nuts and bolts on this stuff. I'm not always the shell answer man...but sometimes I come through :)

Honestly though, if I wanted to break a few laws...I could have that info. I'm just not that interested in finding out who some weak ass, anonymous poster is on this board.

What is really weak, that you wont debate the merits of either post, or that you will resort to childish name calling and threats?

I am entitled to an opinion as well as you are, but never mind I wont express it any more if you cant handle it. If you feel like you must "break a few laws" to find out who I am, go right ahead. Will it really matter in the end?

Honestly guys, you get waaaayyyyy too worked up about this stuff.

The people in the flight centre are NOT screen readers, if they are that makes you a BUS DRIVER...

One day you will realsie how much they help you. Scheduling are the ones that mess you about.

Majik, I am not going to get into this argument with you. We could do this all day long. You forgot the rafts last week, you forgot the catering etc...... Bottom line is, you don't know half of what goes on up here.

The 2 examples you gave are quite easy to determine what happend.
1) You were asap'd after Midnight. The FBO closes at 2300. So, no one was there when we called to arrange it. The situation was out of my hands.

2) You precious crew food ordered for the wrong date. Once again, not our fault. The food is attached to the leg and automatically order for 2 hours prior to arrival. It was either catering departments fault or the fault of the caterer.

Get a clue.

Don't start throwing generalizations out there about sh!t you don't know about.

NJACrewservicer said:
Bottom line is, you don't know half of what goes on up here.
1) You were asap'd after Midnight. The FBO closes at 2300. So, no one was there when we called to arrange it.Get a clue.
Don't start throwing generalizations out there about sh!t you don't know about.
You're right, there was no way for anyone at CMH to know that BED closed at 2300 when they scheduled me to arrive there after midnight. I even asked before we left our last destination if that had been arranged and the FLIGHT MANAGER assured me it was taken care of. I just didn't realize what "taken care of" really meant. Now I do. It would have better to be honest and say, the airport and fbo are closed, we were unable to contact them before we decided to send you there, please lock up the plane, climb over the perimeter fence and try to find a taxi and get to the hotel. Oh yeah, please hurry because you now have a legal show and pax will be waiting when you arrive.

You're right again, I don't have a clue what goes on at CMH. When I see something going awry and try to give the head shed a "heads up" I'm always assured that it has been taken care of and that I don't see the "Big Picture."
I no longer try to be proactive unless it is an issue that directly affects my well-being or safety. I'll let the chips fall where they may and allow those "with a clue" to continue to run NJA like a fine tuned machine. Keep up the good work.

The problem is really simple: There is no mutual respect for anyone; just look at all the previous post.

In a perfect world, it would be mandatory for Flight Managers and schedulers to jumpseat and see what really happens in the "real world". Experience, first hand, how dynamic, ever-changing and challenging things really are: "Flying the line". Experience having multiple 10-hour overnights, showing at 3:00 am, expected to fly 4 legs after you have been tuned-around on the clock, eating out of you lap, loading 400 pounds of bags and being treated like a second-class citizen by a few of our owners. Furthermore, in a perfect world, we pilots would be required to spend 3-days in the palace to see how their job operates. The fact is that we simply don't understand each other, duties and responsibilities.

NJACrewservicer,
I sympathies with you on some level. I have seen our pilots be real turd-floaters to you guys/gals when it's not deserved. Many times you are the bearer-of-bad-news from scheduling. I/we appreciate what you do. However, we sit in a much different position than you and are held to a level of responsibility and accountability that goes beyond Bridgeway.

I take great offense several of your comments:
1.) BTW: Pilots are a dime a dozen too. We can get those cheaper in Bombay and they will work harder without a union.

Pilots are not a dime-a-dozen and you know it. Just call DM in pilot recruiting and see how many people we are interviewing to get a class full. If you think people are beating the door down to get into NetJets, think again. Things have changed in the last two years.

Unions were formed to protect highly-skilled workers. The fact of the matter is that we spend our entire lives perfecting our skills and in a state of continued education.

2.) Quick turns? Yes, there is such a thing. A good pilot who wants to actually do some work to get the owners where they need to go knows about quick turns. I suspect you always take your alloted 1 hour on the ground per your contract. I bet you could turn the plane in 10 mins if you were ferrying home on your last day though. Ummmm

This may be the most offensive statement you have ever made regarding pilots. In fact, it's a very poor and un-professional pilot that is making 15, 20, 30 minute turns in the environment in which we operate. As I said earlier, we operate from a position that demands accountability from a higher authority - it has nothing to do with appeasing the owners/company. I can't tell you how many times I have gotten a release that was filled 4-hours earlier to find that new weather forecast shows the destination requiring an alternate. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten a release with 7-passengers and the CG is out of balance. Etc....etc..... It takes time, patience and diligence to grasp the scope of all these factors and you pushing us doesn't make it easier or happen quicker. If, on multiple occasions, I didn't catch these problems because I was in a hurry, who do you think I would have to answer to? FAA

The company has a process of "self disclosure" which whips any and all responsibility away from the company and puts it on the shoulders of the PIC. In all of these situations the FAA would come after me under FAR 91.13: Careless and Reckless Operation. Furthermore, in the event that something should happen to that airplane after a 20-minute turn and someone gets hurt or metal is bent then I risk career-ending decision of a NTSB-Administrative Law Judge. (http://www.ntsb.gov/alj/o_alj.htm) When my defense is: "I wanted to help these people get to their summer home 20 minutes-earlier....and keep our on-time performance in the 90+% percentile....." That's going to go over like a fart in church. Then I will have my licenses suspended for 30, 60, 90 days or revoked. The company will want to fire me....etc. That’s when it all comes full circle and we have a UNION. To prevent 10-years of hard work and you love of flying being erased by one mistake.

I hope this enlightens you just a little to how we see the world in which we operate.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back