Waste Management & EJA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"your call is important to us, please continue to hold..."

If the flight crews approached their job with the same attitude as the screenreaders, they be fired.
How often does it happen on a quick turn that your get a page saying the I-jet is down "file your own plans" We used to do this ourselves before spending all the money on dispatch etc. Now, it's the crews that look unprepared in front of the "owners" because someone in CMH can't call 1-800-wxbrief. Had to return with pax once to FBO because in the AFIS they replied they couldn't do that.
I-jet crashes a lot (Windows) and puts screenreaders deeper in the dark but some how the flights don't get cancelled. Hmmmm
Here's a Netjest pilot talking like a screenreader.

Did you take those Midway pax and drop them off at O'Hare?

Pilot: Ahhhh... could you hold...

How come those pax are at the wrong airport? You brought them to the wrong airport!

Pilot: No I didn't. That's not what the computer says...

And don't even talk about "setting up customs." There are enough pilots paying fines because they took the screenreader's word on this. FYI CYA

"your call is important to us, please continue to hold..."
You know why you're holding?! It's because the other two hundred crew members are on the phone bitching about something.

Obviously, you have no idea how the operations center works. If you have a problem with your route, etc.. that's dispatch, arse, not the flight managers!

We constantly bend over backwards to help you guys out, as we face the same challenges from scheduling and all other departments that have no concept of aviation!! We get handed policy changes every **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** day about what you guys can and can't do out there on the road, from people that don't have a clue!!! And before you answer, yes most of the Flight Managers DO have a a clue to what life is like out there, as we have been there ourselves.
You're completely right about IJet, the **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** thing goes down way too often, but that doesn't mean that we've stopped trying everything we can to get you guys what you need. That decision wsa made at a higher level than you and me both. Yeah, you guys bitch about the money and the hours, and it does suck to what the majors get, and hopefully the contract will finally get passed, but we also don't bring in the revenue that they do, and look at the financial crisis that they are all in!!

As you keep referring us to "screen-readers" then we'll just start calling you bus drivers, taxi cabs, whatever you would like.. I'm sure busting your arse to get all that job experience just to be called some bu11sh1t name is fine for you!! If any one department in this whole friggin company are trying to help you guys out, IT'S US!!

Just a little respect is all we ask..

That' right Bill, its Mr. Screen Reader to you. lol I know that most of the guys appreciate us and what we do. It is just the few a**holes, who happen to be on this board too, are the ones that give you guys bad names.

Griz said:
When we go to a PM about something, we know it's not your fault. We know that NJ management or scheduling has come up with a policy or plan that isn't gonna work. We get it rectified if we can. Not slamming you for your part in it, you just happen to be the messenger.

Precisely, it's the upper management that ties the hands of these talented people and has them so intimidated that they're reduced to screen reading.

"I'll get yelled at if I leave my computer and look for the guy whose phone line is busy no matter what the emergency."

Left to their own devices, I've seen these people pull off some amazing things. With supervisors looking over their shoulders though, they're screen-readers.

Tips

Lord Wakefield wants tips but also wants to be treated like a "professional". Tips are given to waiters, taxi drivers, valet parking attendants and bell hops. People usually do not give tips to professionals -- doctors, lawyers, accountants, pilots on major airlines, captains of the cruise ship. Please decide which category you believe you are in and be consistent for all purposes.

Have I ever given a pilot a tip -- no. Have I picked up their crew food at a different airport when weather caused a change or airports so they would not be hungry - yes. Have I treated them to dinner at a local great dining spot when they have been exceptional -- yes. Do I (not a pilot) give the line personnel $10 or $20 when they actually help - yes. Have I shared my meal on a jet when a pilots is not delivered -- probably 4 times per year.

How do I actually tip a professional to whom I trust the lives of my employees and family. Even if I gave you $100 each, it is not adequate but you are a professional. I would no sooner tip my doctor who operated on me or delivered my children. Once you start soliciting and accepting tips you have gone down that slippery slope from "professional" to who knows what.

Do I support the pilots -- yes. Read my prior posts and many have my PMs on ways to help the pilots. I think it can be done as long as attitudes and egos are left on the sidelines (difficult for union officials AND corp. executives both).

Please don't take this as anti-pilot. I am pro-pilot. But if you want to be a "professional", act like one and don't expect tips. The fact that an owner's assistant or baby sitter may make more than a pilot is a function of personal issues and redundancy, not your skills, Please see many prior posts by me. In fact while we pay our child sitter well, the local grass cutter is paid more per hour. It is not a function of responsibility or skill but "supply an ddemand". It drives my wife nuts that the grass cutter make more per hour (more per hour than a regional pilot as well in many cases). If responsibility were the main component in compensation, we would not see car salesman making over $125K per year.

Good luck; fly safe. I apologize for typos, it is late.

Last edited:
The "tips" issue was not directed towards the owners who treat us professionally by not giving them to us (although considering our finances, few would refuse them) It was directed towards a company that feels the need to tell the owners this because they would not want the owners to know what we're paid. Sort of like the few Regional Airlines that have policies prohibiting pilots from picking up food stamps in uniform.

Thanks for the meals. It's nice to know there are a lot of owners like you. I've taken my crew meal and made it look like catering a few times too.

It's all matter of who treats us like "highly paid professionals." Sometimes we are and other times we're treated like children.

Last edited:
Good to see there is such harmony and cooperation at "Team Netjets". Good times, good times.

Mr "NJAowner"

Dear Mr NJAowner:

Lord Wakefield wants tips but also wants to be treated like a "professional".

By that theory, you behave towards waiters, valets, and taxi drivers differently than a "professional". You base your behavior on social status. How nice of you.

I think it can be done as long as attitudes and egos are left on the sidelines

"Attitudes and egos", I think we all know who is projecting the elitist attitude here.

Once you start soliciting and accepting tips you have gone down that slippery slope from "professional" to who knows what.

How dare us fall from being "professional". Again, you prove to us that you look down upon anyone but what you envision as a professional.

But if you want to be a "professional", act like one and don't expect tips.

Expecting tips has nothing to do with being a professional. It has to do with character and circumstance.

I tested this theory personally a few weeks ago. We picked up the wife of an NFL player. The limo driver handed me all the bags out of the trunk and I loaded them into the airplane. She gave the limo driver a $100 tip. Arriving at our destination I wanted to test the theory, so I personally unloaded all the bags and carted them 50 yards to the limo and loaded them into the trunk. She then looks at me and says, "you didn't have to do all that, thank you so much." And guess what, no tip.

I went above and beyond of what is expected of me and, she acknowledged that verbally. Do I ever "expect" a tip for these things, no. But, I believe I did deserve a tip. Why she didn't is because people assume pilots are rich. And, that is the wrong reason for not tipping someone. Tip someone because they went above the call of duty regardless of their social status. And, tipping doesn't always have to be monetary either.

The fact that an owner's assistant or baby sitter may make more than a pilot is a function of personal issues and redundancy, not your skills
Making more money has to do with personal issues? Are you smoking crack?

Last question Mr NJAowner: Why would an elitist professional such as yourself be doing mingling with us lowlifes on this message board for pilots??? Why would you be here reading all of this?? That is very "unprofessional" of you to be posting about the people whom you put your life in their hands. And whoever said you were a NJA owner anyway? You're probably a college student with nothing else better to do since the vaseline ran out.

Go sell crazy some place else. We're all stocked up here.

Latest resources

Back