Waste Management & EJA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lord Wakefield

All this money talk has made me sleepless. So how can we help the company save money?

Of course eliminating meals on flights less than 4 hours wouldn't cut it here but how about fewer aircraft types? Works for airlines, they call it rationalisation.

We all know the airlines out source some of their customer service jobs. What's stopping the screen-readers' and product delivery peoples' jobs from being done by cheerful English speakers in India? Just keep a couple on site for photo ops like the CMH mechanics that they won't allow to fix planes.

Send the programme managers to Bombay and they won't need raises. You can train a Mynah bird to pick up the phone and say "hey man, what do you want me to do about it?"

How 'bout stop telling the owners not to tip the "highly paid pilots."

Anyone ever bust their hump loading bags only to see ramp rat get the tip for watching?

Last month, after working up a sweat alone, the owner handed me two fifties and asked me to give them to the baggage guys inside the FBO. I told him, "Sir, I'm not sure what they look like."

Anyhow, I walked inside and gave a fifty to each of the first two lucky clowns I met.

Screen-readers?????? Is that all you think we do? What about when you are clearing customs and your lazy arse can't call for yourself? Who saves your arse then? What about when you arrive at the FBO late and they are typically closed? Who sets that up? Hangars? When you want fed during your day on EVERY leg, who gets that taken care of? Next time, order your own food and get your own quick turns, and call customs yourself. You are an arrogant and egotistical piece of work.

BTW: Pilots are a dime a dozen too. We can get those cheaper in Bombay and they will work harder without a union.

"What about when you are clearing customs and your lazy arse can't call for yourself? Who saves your arse then? What about when you arrive at the FBO late and they are typically closed? Who sets that up? Hangars? When you want fed during your day on EVERY leg, who gets that taken care of? Next time, order your own food and get your own quick turns, and call customs yourself."

NJACrewGuy,

I'm not a Frac pilot but isn't that part of your job description?

SCT

I do know a good dispatcher can make a pilot's job alot easier.

SCT: Yes that's a part of my job description. My point exactly. Lord Wakefield is under the impression that all we do is "read the screen" that is in front of us. Don't want to put words in his mouth, but he makes it sound as if a monkey could do our job.

NJACrewservicer said:
What about when you are clearing customs and your lazy arse can't call for yourself? Who saves your arse then?
Um... Yeah. I can call from over the atlantic. I can call from the bungalo shack in South America. That's your job to read the screen and do the set up work. We fly planes and tend to Owners.

NJACrewservicer said:
What about when you arrive at the FBO late and they are typically closed? Who sets that up?
Don't care. The plane shuts down just as easily on any ramp and the taxi knows where the hotel is. All I care about is getting to the hotel for a little nap before the next 3am SACK SLAP wake up call comes.

NJACrewservicer said:
We get hangars?? You may set them up but you never tell us. Again, could care less if the airplane is hangared.

NJACrewservicer said:
When you want fed during your day on EVERY leg, who gets that taken care of?
You do... Or we will call the PMs and tell them you aren't doing your job. Especially when every leg is 3-5 hours long. How long do you make it between meals in the puzzle palace before you just disconntect your operators headset from your phone and walk to the fridge to HEAT UP your meal?? Wow.... a hot meal.

NJACrewservicer said:
Next time, order your own food and get your own quick turns, and call customs yourself.
Quick turns?? Is there such a thing?? If there is it's cause of some of us doing work at a faster pace then perhaps is safe.

NJACrewservicer said:
You are an arrogant and egotistical piece of work.
Tomato, tomato.

NJACrewservicer said:
BTW: Pilots are a dime a dozen too. We can get those cheaper in Bombay and they will work harder without a union.
Good luck with those safety records. I think the advertisement department might have a devil of a time painting a rosey picture of smoking hole accidents.

Last edited:
Ok, I bow down to your holliness.

I think you guys work hard, and you do a good job. Nothing complicated about what you do though. Screen-readers are your puppet masters. We tell you where to go, when to go and how often to go. I just think you are a little upset that a 24 year old, fresh out of college makes more starting out than you, someone who has spent years building his hours.

Just like a child, go cry to your PM when you don't get that candy bar. BTW: When you do that, the PM's are breaking NJA policy and are starting to be held accountable for there actions. The PM's are not my boss. When you cry to them, they order the food themselves. (maybe you haven't noticed all the managment changes?) It is also my job to take abuse from you b!tching guys all day long. That's why the PM's give in. They got other things to do then listen to you gripe about your belly hurtin.

I guess you don't need me for anything since you know it all.

I take it you are looking else where since you are so un-happy here. The 3 am wake up call..... Ummmm, didn't you know about that when you signed the contract?

Quick turns? Yes, there is such a thing. A good pilot who wants to actually do some work to get the owners where they need to go knows about quick turns. I suspect you always take your alloted 1 hour on the ground per your contract. I bet you could turn the plane in 10 mins if you were ferrying home on your last day though. Ummmm

Hangas. I suspect you wouldn't care if your plane gets iced up. Just means you can delay your flight a couple hours and eat more food.

I think that you took me too seriously about the pilots from bombay. We got guys knocking on our door daily (Americans) who are so desperate that they would work without a contract.

So, go cry to daddy, tell him that someone made you mad. You will get your way.

Latest resources

Back