Wall Street Jornal: NWA "reworks plan for merger"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MR DOH DTW319,

Were you hired before July of 2001? If so, OUR WORKRULES will save your butt. Why? We still have a No Furlough Clause (they can't just take away--we kept ours in BK) for anyone hired before and including TBKANE. If you were hired after July 2001, then you may be affected, and it is all because of YOUR Greenbook Merger Committee Chair---who most likely won't be affected. Any offer they give will be a plus, not a minus, because we are not in section 6 talks. Nope. But, they don't have to EXTEND the No furlough clause to people hired after TBKANE---and that is the key. The last offer had a lot of plusses, and this one may NOT have as many. As far as our managment renegging, I think your management is now on the warpath. As a standalone, we will not furlough, primarily because we ACTUALLY HAVE PLANES COMING ON THE PROPERTY, even as we lost a few. Actually, we will have a net GAIN. How about you guys? Where are those 787s again? Any other new planes? You are losing how many DC9s this year? (Scheduled) Care to share with us how your side will help OUR TOTAL operation? Oh yeah, it 3-4 years you may be getting some 787s.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Oh great the old GL is back, it was nice while it lasted, oh well......:mad:

Why would he give any info to you being that you dont work for either carrier yet feel the need to come on here and continually post flames? Why do you come on here and act this way but go on to the frax threads and kiss everyones a$$?:confused:

I have both friends and family (uncle is a 764 PIC) who currently work for Delta. I don't have to work at either to have an opinion. Thanks for caring.

Oh great the old GL is back, it was nice while it lasted, oh well......:mad:

Hey, I still have a good attitude, but some things have to be cleared up. If I were you, I would be upset that an additional no furlough clause could be going away. I hope it doesn't, but not agreeing to the previous offer may have consequences. I am not making fun of your DC9 anymore, which is a good thing.

Bye Bye--General Lee

When the CEO and President of Delta cancel their first trip from Atlanta to China with the Governor and city delegates to pursue talks with Northwest, it is a good indicator that an announcement may be just around the corner. Stay tuned! With fuel over $100 dollars a barrel and Aloha shutting down passenger operations, the executives will have everything they need to sell to the regulators.

This merger will not happen. No way, no how.

MR DOH DTW319, DOH was never on the table....another FACT that even you know, yet ignore anyway. Why? Do you think displaying total ignorance makes you look cute?

Were you hired before July of 2001? If so, OUR WORKRULES will save your butt. Why? We still have a No Furlough Clause (they can't just take away--we kept ours in BK) for anyone hired before and including TBKANE. If you were hired after July 2001, then you may be affected, and it is all because of YOUR Greenbook Merger Committee ChairNope....wrong again....revisionist history brought on by spiked Koolaid again...as previously reported, it was taken OFF the table by Delta Airlines while the last "negotiation" (shhhhh....I know you think it was an "offer" but it was a negotiation)was still in progress.---who most likely won't be affected. Any offer they give will be a plus, not a minus, because we are not in section 6 talks--and if we do agree to a new PWA, then we can replace our current one, with the current work rules. We wouldn't accept a worse PWA. Nope. Really? Oil is easily twice what it was when you went BKBut, they don't have to EXTEND the No furlough clause to people hired after TBKANE---and that is the key. The last offer had a lot of plusses, and this one may NOT have as many.May? It won't. It won't because the airline economics have gone in the tank since this merger idea was first considered. That's why Dickie Anderson started backpedaling right out of the gate. Which is exactly why NWAALPA resisted financial carrots that wouldn't have lasted a month, apparently, to avoid a SLI that would have lasted forever. As far as our managment renegging, I think your management is now on the warpath. As a standalone, we will not furlough, primarily because we ACTUALLY HAVE PLANES COMING ON THE PROPERTY, even as we lost a few. Actually, we will have a net GAIN. How about you guys? Where are those 787s again? Any other new planes? You are losing how many DC9s this year? (Scheduled) Care to share with us how your side will help OUR TOTAL operation?I don't know....access to Asia? Ask Dick why HE pursued it in the first place. While your talking to him, ask why he canceled his travel plans this past weekend. K?Was it to rewire MD88's? Oh yeah, it 3-4 years you may be getting some 787s.....Really? 2011 or 2012 before we get the first one as the launch N. American customer? You wanna stand by that ASSertion?

Bye Bye--General Lee
Broken Record

Backpedalling right out of the gate?

Fruitless quibbling over the SLI lasted longer than it should have, economics changed, so did the deal. The traditional form of merger negotiations wasn't going to cut it. We failed to lock in the contractual improvements in the narrow window of opportunity that was presented.

Had we TA'd the entire agreement and ratified it in a timely manner we would have locked in the rates and contractual improvements. Contractual improvements that would have created a need for additional pilots at NWA bases and on NWA aircraft.

Weeks ago, after negotiations once again failed to produce a mutually agreed upon SLI, I said we should get use to hearing "that was then, this is now." Because of the protracted SLI negotiations management was able to backpedal.

I find it highly unlikely that we will see the same transaction framework agreement again. JMHO

Last edited:
It's pretty funny to see such a big deal out of a couple big wigs canceling their inaugural service trips. That proves everything!

Backpedalling right out of the gate?

Fruitless quibbling over the SLI lasted longer than it should have, economics changed, so did the deal. The traditional form of merger negotiations wasn't going to cut it. We failed to lock in the contractual improvements in the narrow window of opportunity that was presented.

Had we TA'd the entire agreement and ratified it in a timely manner we would have locked in the rates and contractual improvements. Contractual improvements that would have created a need for additional pilots at NWA bases and on NWA aircraft.

Weeks ago, after negotiations once again failed to produce a mutually agreed upon SLI, I said we should get use to hearing "that was then, this is now." Because of the protracted SLI negotiations management was able to backpedal.

I find it highly unlikely that we will see the same transaction framework agreement again. JMHO

Unfortunately everything you have posted was ALL probably part of the plan.

Are we forgetting who we are dealing with here?

RA an DS now get the merger without the payoff and the bennies and get to look like they were trying to be magnanimous to boot.

*Sighhhhhh*...pilots...the dumbest 'smart' people in big business.

I guess Ray Neidl was also fooled......

Unfortunately everything you have posted was ALL probably part of the plan.

Are we forgetting who we are dealing with here?

RA an DS now get the merger without the payoff and the bennies and get to look like they were trying to be magnanimous to boot.

*Sighhhhhh*...pilots...the dumbest 'smart' people in big business.

"Basically, unless Delta management has a change a heart, I don't think they're going to do anything without the support of their pilots," said Calyon Securities analyst Ray Neidl.

"It shows that people don't want it to die and they'll keep trying things, but I don't think it puts us any closer."

Bye Bye--General Lee

"Basically, unless Delta management has a change a heart, I don't think they're going to do anything without the support of their pilots," said Calyon Securities analyst Ray Neidl.

"It shows that people don't want it to die and they'll keep trying things, but I don't think it puts us any closer."

Bye Bye--General Lee

Keep on posting that response General.

What is that?... the third or fourth time your retort consisted of those exact quotes?

It seems to be working for you.

:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back