Wall Street Jornal: NWA "reworks plan for merger"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

As Opposed to this:

A whole new chapter: American uses TWA's bankruptcy filing skillfully in its acquisition, adding pressure on rival United

CFO: Magazine for Senior Financial Executives, May, 2001 by Nikos Valence
Nikos Valance, CFO Magazine
May 01, 2001
AMR Corp. quite literally courted Trans World Airlines Inc.--by insisting that TWA file under Chapter 11 as a precondition of its $500 million acquisition. But while blessed by a bankruptcy judge, this marriage may well have been made in heaven.

Last edited:
LOL, dude, if you really think that, then you're a lost cause.

The DAL/USAir thing didn't happen because the DAL Board didn't want it to happen. The DAL pilots, in this case, were simply window dressing.

I didn't know the DAL BOD made the call on LCC's hostile takeover. I thought it was the committee of unsecured creditors. I wonder who the biggest players on that committee were.

Could you tell us Nu?

Nevermind, you still think it was the BOD.

February 7, 2007
To All Unsecured Creditors of Delta Air Lines, Inc. and its affiliated debtors and debtors-in-possession:
The Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors (the “Creditors’ Committee”) of Delta Air Lines, Inc.
(“Delta”) and its affiliated debtors and debtors-in-possession (collectively, the “Debtors”) urges all unsecured creditors to vote in favor of the Debtors’ Joint Plan of Reorganization Under Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code (the “Plan”).

The Creditors’ Committee is currently comprised of eight members: U.S. Bank National Association and
U.S. Bank Trust National Association; Boeing Capital Corp.; Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation; The Coca-Cola Company; Pratt & Whitney, a division of United Technologies Corporation; Air Line Pilots Association, International; Fidelity Advisor Series II: Fidelity Advisor High Income Advantage Fund; and The Bank of New York. In addition, the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport and the Kenton County Airport Board (Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport) are ex officio members of the Creditors’ Committee........

The Creditors’ Committee determined to support the Debtors’ stand-alone Plan only after engaging in
extensive discussions with representatives of Delta and US Airways over the last two months and upon
consideration of the advice of the Creditors’ Committee’s legal, financial and industry advisors. In reaching this decision, the Creditors’ Committee considered a variety of factors including, but not limited to, valuation of, the timing and the risks associated with, and the likelihood of a successful consummation of, the US Airways proposal and the Plan. The Creditors’ Committee believes that the Plan represents the best available restructuring

alternative for the Debtors and maximizes value for unsecured creditors.

Any guess which members of the committee had the largest claims?

DAL is out of bankruptcy. It's BOD calls the shots.

But it sounds more like you guys are trying to convince yourselves. Whistling past the graveyard...

Nu

You are wrong. The Delta pilots can block a deal and have already demonstrated this with the previous US Airways attempt. The fact Doug from AWA was able to buy/combine with US Airways who was in dire straits is not the same.

Disclaimer: I hope the deal doesn't happen!

Now to your point: Avoiding the buyout by US Air must have really inflated your head. Do you really think you carried that much water? You were at the mercy of the creditors, and after much pleading the creditors let DAL off the hook provided NO POISON PILL was part of the restructuring. It's time to get over yourself.

Schwanker

You were at the mercy of the creditors, and after much pleading the creditors let DAL off the hook provided NO POISON PILL was part of the restructuring. It's time to get over yourself.

Heyas Schwank,

Yup. With no poison pill and DAL stock (ahem, the "new" stock, that is) at all time lows, someone with a few beans can clearly force the issue.

Nu

Heyas Schwank,

Yup. With no poison pill and DAL stock (ahem, the "new" stock, that is) at all time lows, someone with a few beans can clearly force the issue.

Nu

Heyas nu:
Have you seen the price of nwa's, ahem, new stock price lately??

It's time to get over yourself.

Schwanker

This is really funny coming from a Northwest guy. Your pilot group is like a Jerry Springer show on steriods and youre telling Delta pilots to get over themselves. Youve got to be kidding me.

You are wrong. The Delta pilots can block a deal and have already demonstrated this with the previous US Airways attempt.

You forget the small fact they had the support of DAL managemnt in blocking that deal. If DAL/NWA/AF/KLM/Hedge funds/WS/Investors want it DALPA isn't stopping anything.

Time to either start negotiating instead of dictating terms or making sure you have a good arbitrator on your side.

By the way, I'm probably well over 1800 hours if I get a multiplier.

disclaimer -- MY POST IS A HIJACK.

BAWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Did you actually mean to type this? Please tell me you didn't. That is pure gold. It must be hard to talk with all that Clearasil on your face.

BTW -- multipliers are for fighter types with numerous sorties of 1.2s and 1.1s, not heavy bubbas with 12.5s in their logbooks. In one tour I flew over 750 sorties for about 1100 hrs of flight time. That's what I call earning the multiple the hard way.

Latest resources

Back