• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wall Street Jornal: NWA "reworks plan for merger"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bottom line is that Delta/NWA will not get a merger passed if Delta and/or NWA pilots are marching publicly and in the papers with government officials at their side against it. Anderson knows this and wont damage his somewhat good will with the pilots to force a merger that will get stopped in its tracks anyway.

I can tell you there will not be any Delta pilot support without at least the same incentives offer as was put up before along with the percentage ratio they previously proposed. The NWA guys have a definate track record of infighting. Unless something changes i dont see how this is going to work.

Last edited:
Then why does nwa keep coming back?
Get a clue max!

How about a union leadership with 26 arbitrations in 22 years......
Keep showing your ignorance max. detoilet320 could use a date, you should give him a call!

What in the Frac are you talking about.......Please and I mean please get some therapy.....When we find out who you are we will put all call in to the feds no one and I mean no one so weird and out of touch should be flying.

Sedona,

It doesn't have to work to go through. Ask the East/West guys. I guess you guys will be the North/South guys now. Someone's gonna get the screwgie.

Sedona,

It doesn't have to work to go through. Ask the East/West guys. I guess you guys will be the North/South guys now. Someone's gonna get the screwgie.

You are wrong. The Delta pilots can block a deal and have already demonstrated this with the previous US Airways attempt. The fact Doug from AWA was able to buy/combine with US Airways who was in dire straits is not the same.

Relax folks, all I've seen recently is that NWA management wants a merger with DAL. No surprise there.

I'm not too sure at this point if DAL is that interested in this merger. Consolidation , maybe, but maybe not with NWA.

Regardless, the transaction framework agreement we had two months ago is dead.

"Basically, unless Delta management has a change a heart, I don't think they're going to do anything without the support of their pilots," said Calyon Securities analyst Ray Neidl.
"It shows that people don't want it to die and they'll keep trying things, but I don't think it puts us any closer."

Bye Bye--General Lee

Yeah keep thinking that you have the control of the company and that management gives two @#%$ about what the pilots think in all of this. Get ready for a big fat @#%$burger with everything on it.

You are wrong. The Delta pilots can block a deal and have already demonstrated this with the previous US Airways attempt. The fact Doug from AWA was able to buy/combine with US Airways who was in dire straits is not the same.

Last time your mgt was on board with "Keep Delta my Delta." Throw in some hedge fund folks and some cash in Anderson's direction, and it's a done deal. It would be foolish to think that Anderson wouldn't promote a merger if he could personally profit from it. It's in he CEO DNA.

Your right. You have all the cred. I have 0. I am in awe of your greatness. By the way, what's an E145? Is that a prop or a jet? What major do you work for?

So now you answer questions with questions - good job. I actually work in the airline business - you DON'T. Get it? The military ain't the airline business. You are a desk jockey. Plus, your petty remarks and doomy speculation isn't that entertaining.

Again, can you give us any facts to back up your bottom 20% estimation? Or, are you just being an arsehole?

So now you answer questions with questions - good job. I actually work in the airline business - you DON'T. Get it? The military ain't the airline business. You are a desk jockey. Plus, your petty remarks and doomy speculation isn't that entertaining.

Again, can you give us any facts to back up your bottom 20% estimation? Or, are you just being an arsehole?

Recession + $110/bbl oil + consolidation = cutbacks (i.e. furloughs). The whole point is to try and drive up margins isn't it? Why combine and keep the same number of flights?

I'm sure that whatever company you work for that flies whatever an E145 is is probably one of the first to get nasty in this climate. That is, unless they cut your pay, which judging by the pay rates at airlinepilotcentral, would be like putting a kid from Darfur on a diet.

One thing is for certain, Its a good thing decisions aren't made from these stupid boards. You all sound like a bunch of whiny little girls. Its getting pretty embarrassing, seriously. No wonder this career field is in its current state. Could you imagine if we actually had a solid ALPA pilot group instead of every man for themselves? Again WAKE UP , things need to change.:bomb:

Latest resources

Back