Vulcan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HawkerF/O said:
Now I'm ROFLMAO. You know, in terms of how much flying I am doing. Oh my, LMAO. Anyways, thanks Danger for clearing that up, some professionals just don't keep up with all the new technical jargon and lingo, and that's too bad, cause they are really missing out on all this new technology.

Thank you! Thank you! You have all been a great crowd. I will be here all week.
Don't forget to tip your waitress.

I have a friend who is a Capt. on a yacht that belongs to a Los Angeles owner. A liitle over 200' as I recall. He does some charter work when the owners requirements allow. The price: $350,000 per week + fuel and food. I asked who are the clients for this kind of charter? Russians. I guess free enterprise works okay over there.

The 75s

psysicx said:
Also what is the point of having a 757 for personel use?

As it turns out, the 757s don't get much personal use. As I recall, Paul Allen owns the Seattle Seahawks and the Portland Trailblazers.

But didn't he say one was for the sports teams and the other was for him? And 350,000 per week you might as well buy your own.

I can't imagine that Paul needs/wants any costs offset. Not to say he is a fool, but look at it like this. If it costs him what a penny is to you to operate his Yacht a year, would you be looking to offset any of that penny? No, you don't want anyone playing with your toys and neither does he. He is not a Millionaire, he is a Billionaire several times over. Geting a few bucks back to maybe offset a little MX would be of no concern to him. I am not speaking for him, but I just have a good idea of what someone with that type of liquid capitol would think of chartering out his boat. What say you?
psysicx said:
Don't most people charter there yacht to offset some of the expenses?

Psysicx,
It's like this: when I think about how "the other half" lives, I think of my boss (a billionaire) with his planes and yachts and big houses all over the country and how he and his old lady can walk into any store and walk out with anything they want and not worry about the cost.

Now when my boss thinks about the "other half", he thinks of Gates, Allen, Ellison, Buffet (Warren, not Jimmy), the Waltons and those Saudi Princes.

the man makes what? an easy 5-10 million/day in interest alone? based on a net worth of what...20-25 billion?
more?

drops a million simply gassing up "Octopus"

I really dont think he's worried about farkin charter revenue.

here's some pics if you have not seen this "boat"

http://community.webshots.com/album/171052557VyFRDB/0

That's insane two helicopters. A S76 C on the back (with a garage) and a BK117 for the bow.

Latest resources

Back