Vulcan

KSUPILOT

Total Time
Any one know much about this seattle operator?

banned username 2

Banned
Banned User
KSUPILOT said:
Any one know much about this seattle operator?
Aren't they the operation of one of the McCaw brothers? If it is the one with the G-IV and the Global Express, I know they work like dogs and are on the road a LOT...

imacdog

Total Time
I believe they are. Also looks like they are still flying the Twin Otter around.

User546

The Ultimate Show Stopper
Total Time
+1500
One of their pilots lurks frequently on this board... he should be able to answer your questions for you.

Spooky 1

Total Time
Some
Straight poop

Vulcan, Inc. aka Vulcan Flight Management is the sole property of Paul Allen. Operates two B757's. one GV, one BB700, one Twin Otter on floats, one F5B, one Alpha Jet, five helicopters. They might work like dogs at McCaw, but not the case at VFM. Great operation! Good people! Well run!

KSUPILOT

Total Time
does anyone know if they are hiring and what they look for?

psysicx

Total Time
-----
How often do they hire helo drivers and can you be dual rated? I was thinking of posting the link on APTAP.

Spooky 1

Total Time
Some
psysicx said:
How often do they hire helo drivers and can you be dual rated? I was thinking of posting the link on APTAP.

First of all. Don't know the pay. QOL is questionable simply because you are on yachts in far off oceans of the world for extended periods. Rotor guys do not fly the fixed wing with one exception. Applicatns need serious experience in either boat work or offshore platforms. Fairly high turnover for just the reasons stated. MD900 and S76C+ are the machines. Also prefer an A&P simply because you are the mechanic when you are aboard the yacht. (Have to RR the blades on the MD900's when underway) S76 has a blade fold kit.

BizAvFA

Total Time
none
What is the story on how to get in the Flight Attendant door? Do you talk to CP or CFA?

Otter

Master of Nothing
Total Time
8000+
Believe he has more than one, as with most, just because he is not there does not mean the helo guy is not out there with the crew.

Spooky 1

Total Time
Some
Otter said:
Believe he has more than one, as with most, just because he is not there does not mean the helo guy is not out there with the crew.

I would guess that might be true.

psysicx

Total Time
-----
I didn't know that it was that big of a secret. Plus who is going to mess with the Navy Seals he hires. Also what is the point of having a 757 for personel use? He is single but probably has an entourage. Also didn't someone say he flies his family around?

Last edited:

Gulfstream 200

Database Expert
Total Time
psy,

Billionaires tend to want privacy.

Someone posting info about how often and where his boss may use his yacht could have a limited career at his place of employment.

I guess what Im saying is dont ask stupid questions.

;) .

Spooky 1

Total Time
Some
Gulfstream 200 said:
psy,

Billionaires tend to want privacy.

Someone posting info about how often and where his boss may use his yacht could have a limited career at his place of employment.

;) .

Thank you Gulfstream 200?

Spooky 1

English

Total Time
Gulfstream 200 said:
psy,

;) .

Read that again and again and...

psysicx

Total Time
-----
I never asked where his yacht is. And I don't think he has to worry about privacy. I doubt someone could even get close enough to bother him. 9 out of 10 if you saw him at a gas station you wouldn't know who he is.

AA717driver

A simpler time...
Total Time
+/-13k
Falcon Capt said:
But, but, but... I thought there was no such thing as stupid questions??? :eek:

Welllll... I guess we'll just have to make a rule change. It's the "Physicx Amendment". :rolleyes: TC