Vulcan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
KSUPILOT said:
Any one know much about this seattle operator?
Aren't they the operation of one of the McCaw brothers? If it is the one with the G-IV and the Global Express, I know they work like dogs and are on the road a LOT...

I believe they are. Also looks like they are still flying the Twin Otter around.

One of their pilots lurks frequently on this board... he should be able to answer your questions for you.

Straight poop

Vulcan, Inc. aka Vulcan Flight Management is the sole property of Paul Allen. Operates two B757's. one GV, one BB700, one Twin Otter on floats, one F5B, one Alpha Jet, five helicopters. They might work like dogs at McCaw, but not the case at VFM. Great operation! Good people! Well run!

How often do they hire helo drivers and can you be dual rated? I was thinking of posting the link on APTAP.

psysicx said:
How often do they hire helo drivers and can you be dual rated? I was thinking of posting the link on APTAP.

First of all. Don't know the pay. QOL is questionable simply because you are on yachts in far off oceans of the world for extended periods. Rotor guys do not fly the fixed wing with one exception. Applicatns need serious experience in either boat work or offshore platforms. Fairly high turnover for just the reasons stated. MD900 and S76C+ are the machines. Also prefer an A&P simply because you are the mechanic when you are aboard the yacht. (Have to RR the blades on the MD900's when underway) S76 has a blade fold kit.

Latest resources

Back