• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

VPS Mesaba station disaster

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Same BS for the red tailed folks visiting stations now combined with DL/DCI. Even the stations that are still NWA/Airlink but consolidated to the DL gates are a disaster. DL not giving any space to the NWA operations, delaying NWA flights because the NWA agents can't get work done to get the NWA flight out.

I don't think it's a Mesaba thing... it's a DL problem trying to integrate before integration is ready to be done. No training blah blah blah. Computers not talking to each other, but combined operations are taking place? What a mess. Nice one DL.

As for the tired XJ sucks in DTW/MSP complaint. Yes - it's not great. But what do you expect? Do you think if these people were employed by PCL it would be any better? We have to wait, just like you do. I don't get angry if we're early and we have to wait. If we're ontime or late, I get angry.

I agree with some of the above posts, all the stations that have combined and are now servicing new carriers are screwed up. ASA, Comair, DAL, Skywest stations I have seen problems with all of them. Bashing them on a public forum is not going to help though. Get over my airline is better than yours.

BTW....how's life treating you at 9E. Hope your happy with your decision....I'm guessing not.

I can guarantee you that I have done better at Pinnacle than you have done at Mesaba.

I can guarantee you that I have done better at Pinnacle than you have done at Mesaba.

Without going back and forth with you for the next 10 pages, Good for you. I hope your happy and wish you the best. I on the other hand disagree with you and would have never pursued a job with 9E. That's just where we disagree. But it might be the place for you. As long as you are happy with the quality of life Pinnacle brings is all that matters.
You enjoy the 200 and I'll enjoy the Saab.
Peace out........

BTW...you might want to think about changing your avatar..you're not at Mesaba anymore. You gave up your rights when I cashed your 1 million $ bankruptcy check in my account.......just say'n

Last edited:
I would like to say its not all mesabas fault with the ramp screw up. DL/NW have two different computers systems DL has DELTA NET and NWA has PARS. NWA is not helping any station with the PARS system. and I assume that DL is given very little guidance at all on there system right now because they themselves have to figure out which system is better and then go from there. The second thing is that mesaba doesnt have ramp crews anymore it is now called RHS which is it own handling services that delta started.

BTW...you might want to think about changing your avatar..you're not at Mesaba anymore. You gave up your rights when I cashed your 1 million $ bankruptcy check in my account.......just say'n

I've never worked at Mesaba. This avatar represents both NW Airlinks as it was when I joined flight info in 2001. Mesaba operated the Saab and Avro and Pinnacle operated the Saab and CRJ. Its a shame you haven't been around long enough to know that.

I've never worked at Mesaba. This avatar represents both NW Airlinks as it was when I joined flight info in 2001. Mesaba operated the Saab and Avro and Pinnacle operated the Saab and CRJ. Its a shame you haven't been around long enough to know that.
I assume you flew the Staight B at Former Express then? If so, I stand corrected. And I apologize for the error.

I assume you flew the Staight B at Former Express then? If so, I stand corrected. And I apologize for the error.

I flew both As and Bs all over the dirty south.

Missing the Point!

No one is bashing any airline. The point here is that Mesaba moved in and fired all of the ASA guys. I would have thought that Mesaba would have at least retained some of the ASA staff to keep thngs going but they put all of their own folks in there. I am sure each of the Mesaba guys are good people but they took on this operation withought being ready. They made several PA's with gate changes and kept giving out the wrong flight numbers and gates. Someone tried to put the info on the monitors and locked those up so all the info on them became a day old. I have never heard more derogitory remarks from Delta customers in my life. I was absolutely embarassed for Delta. Maybe by the time I get of of MLOA in 2015 they may have gotten their act together and hopefully Delta did not loose to many customers.

Talk about comic relief, this would have been a good documentry for prime time!

Talking to the MGM folks, Mesaba did come in do what could be called a recruitment even before it was announced that they would be getting the station. They were offering a splended salary of minimum wage with the kicker of NO travel benefits. There were no takers.....wonder why?

Latest resources

Back