Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tim47SIP

Serving for the USofA
Mesaba took over for ASA two weeks ago and the line to get booked was backed up with no movement at the countes at all. The Kiosks didn't work and when I got there I asked the guy why he didn't reboot them. He didn't know how but eventually came back out with a document in his hand that told him how. Well when they rebooted the system the Kiosks came back on line and people started to get their tickets.

I thought Ok, no problem now, Wrong! We get through security and the TSA guys were telling me how messed up the Northwest folks have been since they started. TSA telling us that someone else is more screwed up than them? Growing pains I thought Then at the counter there was a Delta FA and an ASA non rev trying to get on an ASA aircraft. The Mesaba gate agent told them both that he did not know how to input the data to get them on the aircraft. A call to a supervisor at ASA didn't work because all the agent could tell the supervisor is that he is a Mesaba employee and not an ASA employee and that there was nothing he could do to board these two individuals. He said he was not trained and that there was no one he could call to tell him how to do it. He became very agitated at the supervisor when she tried to help him.

The two individuals had to rent a car and drive to PNS where they could hopefully get to ATL. Thank goodness that I was on a funded fare (doing Mil stuff) or I would have been in the same boat. Unbeleavable!

I'm writing a RIF at every Mesaba station to let Delta what a Charlie Foxtrot situation they have created. Boarding us at D-10 with no Release in hand? No headset for pushback. No baggage paperwork. The list goes on and on. All in the name of the lowest bidder...get a clue Delta!

and i would have to say that Delta was clueless in Austin the other day when i was there...it goes both ways kids. the agents in Austin blamed Delta for the lack of training on the Northwest system and a gave them only about a weeks prep time before WFS was booted out.

FO

Unfortunately these kinds of things are going to happen from time to time as we integrate 2 airlines into the World's Premier Global Airline. It's not a perfect system and it will take patience as employees on both ends learn the new system and become proficient with it. This does not excuse or justify the situation while passengers who are paying for a ticket and don't get a seat because a gate agent is clueless and behind the 8 ball.
Again, there will be growing pains along the way and I assume every station worker is doing their best to be as efficient as possible during these next few months of rapid change.

Unfortunately these kinds of things are going to happen from time to time as we integrate 2 airlines into the World's Premier Global Airline. It's not a perfect system and it will take patience as employees on both ends learn the new system and become proficient with it. This does not excuse or justify the situation while passengers who are paying for a ticket and don't get a seat because a gate agent is clueless and behind the 8 ball.
Again, there will be growing pains along the way and I assume every station worker is doing their best to be as efficient as possible during these next few months of rapid change.

Are you a manager? or at least want to be a manager - "Worlds Premier Global Airline" !!

Welcome to what we at Pinnacle deal with on an everyday basis at DTW and MSP!!!!...this does not however reflect the XJ pilot group..so no offense guys

Unfortunately these kinds of things are going to happen from time to time as we integrate 2 airlines into the World's Premier Global Airline.

Is the a** kissing getting you anywhere? Seems like your gunning for a management job.

Are you a manager? or at least want to be a manager - "Worlds Premier Global Airline" !!

Not a manager or "wanna be" manager. "Worlds Premier Global Airline" comes for DAL. It's what they refer to the "new" airline in all of their publications and press releases. It's just a marketing strategy designed to make they new DAL/NWA name appear powerful and dominant. Quite effective in my opinion. Just ask Airtran in 2010.

Relax all you Value Jet lovers.....just a sarcastic joke....please don't quote this post and start 10 pages of why I suck and you don't.....and why Airtran can compete with DAL/NWA.....Please I beg you.

Is the a** kissing getting you anywhere? Seems like your gunning for a management job.
I guess I wasn't quick enough for this genious.
Actually I am "gunning" for a management job: "Assistant to the Traveling Secretary."

BTW....how's life treating you at 9E. Hope your happy with your decision....I'm guessing not.

Latest resources

Back