• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Vision Airlines to fly struck Spirit Flights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Most of the guys flying at Vision, the 737 ops, are furloughed Ual and out of work ATA. ALPA has done nothing for the guys at ATA after the shutdown. These guys are lucky to be flying at all in this economy. Are they supposed to risk being fired for Spirit? Just a thought....
This hits the mail square on the head! WTF is ALPA supposed to do? Employ the pilots as magazine delivery boys? ALPA is a union, not an employment agency or welfare office. ALPA does not run airlines, they provide a semi collective voice for pilots who are employed at airlines, and provide some insurance coverage and representation. ATA ran its self into BK and the pilots were just along for the ride. They don't have to risk being fired, just cross the picket line and be labeled a SCAB, easy enuff. ALPAs failings come from their relaxed treatment of scabs, personally I carry the scab list in my flight bag and a scab wouldn't get my jumpseat home to be at their child's deathbed, they could buy a ticket though, harsh? Yup, scabs are morally corrupt and I wouldn't pi$$ on one if they were on fire, I would try to put the fire out with an icepick though.
PBR

This hits the mail square on the head! WTF is ALPA supposed to do? Employ the pilots as magazine delivery boys? ALPA is a union, not an employment agency or welfare office. ALPA does not run airlines, they provide a semi collective voice for pilots who are employed at airlines, and provide some insurance coverage and representation. ATA ran its self into BK and the pilots were just along for the ride. They don't have to risk being fired, just cross the picket line and be labeled a SCAB, easy enuff. ALPAs failings come from their relaxed treatment of scabs, personally I carry the scab list in my flight bag and a scab wouldn't get my jumpseat home to be at their child's deathbed, they could buy a ticket though, harsh? Yup, scabs are morally corrupt and I wouldn't pi$$ on one if they were on fire, I would try to put the fire out with an icepick though.
PBR

That's some First Class rhetoric brother.

1985 called and left a message...they want their 'scab retoric' back... because it actually worked back then.

See...in the year 2010 ( hind sight being 20/20 and all) people know that rhetoric is just a bunch of hot air....

Ask any Northwest ...errrr...'Delta' Mechanic...

1985 called and left a message...they want their 'scab retoric' back... because it actually worked back then.

See...in the year 2010 ( hind sight being 20/20 and all) people know that rhetoric is just a bunch of hot air....

PBR is correct. It's people like you that contribute to ALPA's ineffectivness.

PBR

You have some serious issues. Don't you fly non union?

PBR is correct. It's people like you that contribute to ALPA's ineffectivness.

You know not of which you speak grasshoppa.

ALPA (NWAPLA) could of helped AMFA but decided to sit back and watch scabs infiltrate the airline and accepted it.

where do you see that? Let them cancel, then we don't walk at midnight. lol they can't cancel everything until we walk. Midnight is the earliest we walk, nothing says we have to

where do you see that? Let them cancel, then we don't walk at midnight. lol they can't cancel everything until we walk. Midnight is the earliest we walk, nothing says we have to

crewtrac shows most red-eye turns canceled the night on the 11th, under "scheduled service" you can check.

Also if you try to buy tickets on those red-eye flights the web side shows them blocked out from the 12th to the 18th. But only for the red-eye flights, all domestic flights are available for purchase.

You have some serious issues. Don't you fly non union?
Yup, currently inactive ALPA, I have been Hulased before, just like you will be. My issues come from bags of human fecal material like you, I hope you get a$$ cancer!
PBR

"ALPAs failings come from their relaxed treatment of scabs"
I guess reading comprehension isn't your strong point, walking the walk isn't that hard, you just have to "man up", try it, you might even find some self respect.
PBR

Latest resources

Back