• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Vision Airlines to fly struck Spirit Flights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yup, currently inactive ALPA, I have been Hulased before, just like you will be. My issues come from bags of human fecal material like you, I hope you get a$$ cancer!
PBR

hahahaha yes.. let the anger out so that you don't have a stroke over Hulas.

Last edited:
If flying someone's routes when you work at another airline is scabbing, then all Delta pilots who flew while Comair was on strike are also scabs.

I personally think Delta pilots could have done more, but they are not actually scabs.

IMHO.

If flying someone's routes when you work at another airline is scabbing, then all Delta pilots who flew while Comair was on strike are also scabs.

I personally think Delta pilots could have done more, but they are not actually scabs.

IMHO.

I thought in the case of a regional feed if a route over lapped say like ATL-CMH (so Comair and Delta both fly that route) as long as Delta does not increase frequency then it is not struck work.

But in this case where Vision would fly a Spirit route say FLL-MYR where Vision does not fly that route and they start flying that route because they sign an agreement with Spirit management to fly that route only during a strike then they would be SCABs.

That's true, AFTER they changed the definition of struck work. The original definition would not allow them to fly the routes at all.

Of course, that's after they changed the definition of airline, so Comair didn't have to be integrated into Delta, which would have negated the need to strike, and prevented any furloughs at Delta.

IMHO.

IMHO.

Delta pilots most certainly WERE NOT scabs during the Comair strike, as there was no change in frequency or gauge on the overlapping Delta/Comair routes. For example, let's say that Delta operated an MD-88 on both a morning and evening flight from CVG-ORF just prior to the strike, while Comair operated an RJ during an afternoon flight on the same city pair. During the 89-day strike, Delta left the Comair afternoon flight segment missing, and did not increase the equipment size on the morning or evening flights. As such, even with overlapping routes, there was no struck work flown.

This hits the mail square on the head! WTF is ALPA supposed to do? Employ the pilots as magazine delivery boys? ALPA is a union, not an employment agency or welfare office. ALPA does not run airlines, they provide a semi collective voice for pilots who are employed at airlines, and provide some insurance coverage and representation. ATA ran its self into BK and the pilots were just along for the ride. They don't have to risk being fired, just cross the picket line and be labeled a SCAB, easy enuff. ALPAs failings come from their relaxed treatment of scabs, personally I carry the scab list in my flight bag and a scab wouldn't get my jumpseat home to be at their child's deathbed, they could buy a ticket though, harsh? Yup, scabs are morally corrupt and I wouldn't pi$$ on one if they were on fire, I would try to put the fire out with an icepick though.
PBR
What a Di*K! The SCAB list is a joke; it has been and always will be. It is no longer the 1970's. Only a pathetic loser would carry a useless list around and deny access to a jumpseat to a pilot that is just trying to get home. Why don't you post your real name so those of us who disagree with you can deny you our jumpseats?

What a Di*K! The SCAB list is a joke; it has been and always will be. It is no longer the 1970's. Only a pathetic loser would carry a useless list around and deny access to a jumpseat to a pilot that is just trying to get home. Why don't you post your real name so those of us who disagree with you can deny you our jumpseats?

Spoken like a true scab...

...yeah, why would you deny the jumpseat to a lowlife scum scab? he only crossed a legal picket line to undermine the work of the union and to agree with Frank Lorenzo/Dick Ferris/Frank Borman/Ben Baldanza the four horsemen of the apocalypse.

Like I said, if you are on the list, your kid could lay in a hospital bed dying, you can buy a seat, no seat available? I would point to a pay phone so you could call and share the last few minutes. Di*k, yup, if you are a scab, more than you will ever know, regular line pilot, I will move heaven and earth to get you onboard, including delays!
PBR(J. Hoffa)

Latest resources

Back