• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Vision Airlines to fly struck Spirit Flights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What a Di*K! The SCAB list is a joke; it has been and always will be. It is no longer the 1970's. Only a pathetic loser would carry a useless list around and deny access to a jumpseat to a pilot that is just trying to get home. Why don't you post your real name so those of us who disagree with you can deny you our jumpseats?

70's? What are you,one of the two in RIO class of 76? Maybe NWA 78? The list covers scabs from the 30's all the way to 2001. So yes, it is current.

Since it's against the rules to link the list on FI.com. Just Google "master airline scab list pdf". At about the fourth hit down, it will take you directly to it, so that you can see your name in lights.

Paybacks are a bitch huh?

Last edited:
What a Di*K! The SCAB list is a joke; it has been and always will be. It is no longer the 1970's. Only a pathetic loser would carry a useless list around and deny access to a jumpseat to a pilot that is just trying to get home. Why don't you post your real name so those of us who disagree with you can deny you our jumpseats?

Lotsa people still carry the list you ******************************!!! So did I. When I was a captain I would check it. Why don't you go back to hauling your masters bag you glorified limo driver. You can pm me and we can exchange contact info if you would like and maybe I can explain to you face to face what kind of loser tool you are. No wonder you don't work for the airlines. I'll give you my real name you cock sucker!

I love technology, I got a PDF reader for the iPhone, downloaded the list and store it in the iPhone, 0.00lbs and searchable, if you are on the list you just became a little easier to find and flush to the back(buy a ticket).
BTW thanks for acknowledging that I am old school, honor and honesty are just a couple of traits I strive to maintain, listers are on my personal hit list, if I can make you answer for your folly, so be it!
PBR

This hits the mail square on the head! WTF is ALPA supposed to do? Employ the pilots as magazine delivery boys? ALPA is a union, not an employment agency or welfare office. ALPA does not run airlines, they provide a semi collective voice for pilots who are employed at airlines, and provide some insurance coverage and representation. ATA ran its self into BK and the pilots were just along for the ride. They don't have to risk being fired, just cross the picket line and be labeled a SCAB, easy enuff. ALPAs failings come from their relaxed treatment of scabs, personally I carry the scab list in my flight bag and a scab wouldn't get my jumpseat home to be at their child's deathbed, they could buy a ticket though, harsh? Yup, scabs are morally corrupt and I wouldn't pi$$ on one if they were on fire, I would try to put the fire out with an icepick though.
PBR

Good thing I've only had ice cream.

You sir (loosely), are an {I'll let our president curse}. The pilots of ATA, many on their 3rd or 4th ALPA carrier, had nothing to do with ATA's demise. We worked. We gave. We sacrificed. We led. We suggested. We offered. We proposed. Nada. We were in the way. It was a management decision.

ALPA is NOT a union. If it were, it would make sure the ALPA pilots at ATA, Aloha, Champion (who am I forgetting?) get first crack at any available jobs. That's what a "union" does. I got my own insurance.

ALPA's failings are it's own greed. It cares nothing about it's membership so long as it collects it's dues. It assures it's own existence, by being the largest unio....er... pilot association out there.

Whether there's a strike or not, NKALPA will settle. It'll be a draw, at best, but will not improve their lot, much. Not until the NK pilots are, 50%+1, prepared to stay unemployed for any length of time if not permanently. I bet very few are.

The industry is a joke and needs to completely implode.

ALPA (NWAPLA) could of helped AMFA but decided to sit back and watch scabs infiltrate the airline and accepted it.

Northwest AMFA told Captain Woerth that they "didn't need the help of a bunch of bugs mashers" when he approached them to form a labor coalition. Have it your way, AMFA. How'd that turn out for you? :rolleyes:

While I am no lawyer, I believe labor laws are such that you can not be fired for refusing to cross a legal picket line which is exactly what you would be doing.

Not entirely accurate. While it's true that Spirit cannot terminate the striking Spirit pilots, other non-union airlines could terminate pilots there that refuse to fly struck work. There is no legal protection against it, unfortunately. That said, if every Vision pilot refuses to fly the struck work, then Vision can't fire every Vision pilot. Power in numbers, guys.

How about a bit different scenario? I was an ALPA carrier Captain at the time and may have had a different tune to sing until I was better educated. And by that, I mean confused by reality.

A couple of years ago, Netjets was not on stike, but doing serious picketing. Many 135 operators were called on to pick up the trips that they were unable to cover. If they had gone on strike, how would that have worked out? Now keep in mind that these 135 pilots have no idea that it is even a Netjets trip, let alone that they would be on strike. Dispatch simply calls them and tells them to get their butts to the airport and fly so-and-so from point A to point B. They jump in their trusty Citation and go to airport A. Even if they find out what was going on, what are they to do? If they squawk about it, they are replaced for the trip and disciplined or even let go. Would these 135 pilots be scabs? I know the simple answer may be yes, but it is food for thought.

In an email from the Spirit MEC today:

Fellow Pilots:

This is your Strike Committee Update for Tuesday, June 8, 2010—three days remain before the Strike Deadline.

REGARDING VISION AIRLINES:

Your Strike Committee has been in direct contact with Vision Airlines management. Vision management verified that they were contacted by Spirit regarding picking up flying after the deadline, and that Spirit’s request was refused. We have credible, verifiable assurances from Vision management that Vision Airlines WILL NOT be flying under contract for Spirit during a lawful strike. We have received copies of two memos they sent to their pilots stating the same.

Can we please put this thread to bed now?

Latest resources

Back