• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cappy, how many USA3000 guy's coming your way to VA? I'm just trying to get a read on how fast our list is going to move.

I know of three here now with more on the way. I do not know how many total.

Good luck,

Mike

For those of you expecting 20 year rates on day one...won't happen. It doesn't happen at any company, or airline. Sure, we would all like life to be rosy and sweet, but it ain't.

Mike

Cappy

The Kool Aid they gave you worked. Pretty sad pay for 320CA!!

Cappy

The Kool Aid they gave you worked. Pretty sad pay for 320CA!!

I don't drink Kool aid. I am a professional trying to start over. Nothing more, nothing less. There are some of my friends that have started over at Continental for $25,000 and NO health for the first year. I am certain I have it better than them.

I am certain you are living the dream and you will retire at $350,000 a year on the A380. Good luck.

Mike

To me a good place to work is one not because of it's name but the people who make it. Top down ACA had some f-ed up people with their heads up their asses set out to make peoples lives miserable just because theirs sucked.

I don't drink Kool aid. I am a professional trying to start over. Nothing more, nothing less. There are some of my friends that have started over at Continental for $25,000 and NO health for the first year. I am certain I have it better than them.

I am certain you are living the dream and you will retire at $350,000 a year on the A380. Good luck.

Mike

Well, do us all a favor, and keep this profession one that pays a decent wage, so when VA gets their operation going and the first year or two of negative cashflows are behind them, get you and the rest of the $80K/yr Captains to raise the bar for the rest of us. SWA used to be seen as the bar lowering airline, and today they're the best paying non-cargo outfit and still making hand over fist.. I doubt VA or JB will ever catch up (more likely they'll merge together, or VA will buy them with Brandsons cash) and they'll still be a shadow WN..

But raise that bar for us when you get the chance, cause I'd rather not have to start over one day myself, and at the rate things appear to be going, I'd have to look at a $40K/yr CP job..

It's unfortunate that you haven't taken the time to look into the facts. VA currently has some of the A319 cadre at former IDE. Let me see now...the pass rate was over 99.8% in the Airbus at IDE.

Please don't even mention those of us here at VA in the same breath with the monsters that destroyed careers at will in the CRJ program. That's another thread. There is a good mix here of IDE, USAir and USA3000 guys. The pay scales are FIRST year and minimum guarantee only until operations start.

For those of you expecting 20 year rates on day one...won't happen. It doesn't happen at any company, or airline. Sure, we would all like life to be rosy and sweet, but it ain't.

For those of you that have done well after IDE went out I certainly hope the best for you in whatever you have moved on to.

Good luck to all.

Mike

Cappy, congrats...I kinda of figured you'd be one of the early one's over there. I keep expecting to see the two birds that have been parked up in CYUL (for awhile now) to be gone anyday now, but no joy yet it. Let me know if you are gonna get to fly one of them out...I am always up there (as in home away from home) we can grab some beers and the best steak in town at Bifteck on St. Laurent. Bonne Journee!

CHL

Found this from PPrune;

Virgin America info
Want to work for a new carrier using A320's. Using a California State grant to train pilots to start at $41 flt hr and topping out at $126 for a senior Capt. Then give Carmela a call @650 762 7151 and let her know that your ready to move into the big leagues and ahhh...don't expect her pick up the airfare, hotel, meals, or even cab fare. Though she really feels bad that she can't help you with it. And hey...you know that training bond thing...don't sweat it man. It will be paid off before you die, your family won't have to pick it up. Unless the stress of working 23 twelve hour days a month, wondering if the next pay check will pay the basic bills, the increasing cost of your family's health insurance is more than Richie Rich pays you each month starts to eat at you. But thats no sweat man, because you know you made the big times and twelve years from now when you are raking in the dough at $126 an hour your going to be on easy street. Makes you want to call up Richie and offer to shine his shoes, doesn't it. Or at least mow his lawn.

Check out thier web site for a list of the World's most experienced failures in the Airline business. And hey...tell em I said hello

Found this from PPrune;

Virgin America info
Want to work for a new carrier using A320's. Using a California State grant to train pilots to start at $41 flt hr and topping out at $126 for a senior Capt. Then give Carmela a call @650 762 7151 and let her know that your ready to move into the big leagues and ahhh...don't expect her pick up the airfare, hotel, meals, or even cab fare. Though she really feels bad that she can't help you with it. And hey...you know that training bond thing...don't sweat it man. It will be paid off before you die, your family won't have to pick it up. Unless the stress of working 23 twelve hour days a month, wondering if the next pay check will pay the basic bills, the increasing cost of your family's health insurance is more than Richie Rich pays you each month starts to eat at you. But thats no sweat man, because you know you made the big times and twelve years from now when you are raking in the dough at $126 an hour your going to be on easy street. Makes you want to call up Richie and offer to shine his shoes, doesn't it. Or at least mow his lawn.

Check out thier web site for a list of the World's most experienced failures in the Airline business. And hey...tell em I said hello

Haling from the Bay Area myself, I look forward to seeing how all of these $80K/yr Captains are going to pay their rent in their slum apartments. I hope EVERY one of them plans to commute in.

In Burlingame, where the company is HQ'd and where SFO more or less lies, the "Average" home price on the "less desirable" aside of town is $850,000 and on the other side of El Camino, you're into the mid 1's... Property taxes are among the highest in the country.

60 minutes drive north or south of Burlingame, you're hard pressed to find even an apartment for rent for under $2000/mo..

Gas prices are $3/gal when the rest of the nation is at $2.. Taxes are higher, Sales tax is pushing 9%, and just about everything costs more.

Latest resources

Back