• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Technically no its not free, but if I get it back then I essentially paid nothing for it.

My point was about the potential benefits of the union to someone who sounded like a young CFI in his post.

My descent profile is no different from anyone elses.

Part of the reason I don't post on flightinfo that often anymore is because it's rare to have a debate or discussion without people making rude comments about someones flying skills, math skills, etc. I also have to sort through too much BS to find any actual facts or data.

Can we get back to the subject of Virgin America now?

Well you will get something back if you are planning on deducting it from your taxes. Since it is a deduction, you will not get a dollar for dollar amount back... just a percentage (based on your tax bracket). If it were a tax credit, then you would get 100% of the dollar amount back when you filed your return (if you are entitled to a refund) or a 100% credit towards any taxes due.

Boy I hope that's sarcasm there. If it isn't it should be.

Obviously you were never on the 328. I know, it wasn't the "space shuttle" all the CRJ guys thought they were flying. But it was a good time, and I miss it.

And I only remember 2 a-holes in that training department in just under 5 years, the rest were all great guys. Surprisingly, one of them now works at an airline that prides itself on great labor relations and everybody being happy while they are at work. You would never know it if you talked to this guy that he would fit in there. Just goes to show, any jerk can put on the 45 minute show when he has to.

I don't drink Kool aid. I am a professional trying to start over. Nothing more, nothing less. There are some of my friends that have started over at Continental for $25,000 and NO health for the first year. I am certain I have it better than them.

I am certain you are living the dream and you will retire at $350,000 a year on the A380. Good luck.

Mike

Cappy,

It's no health insurance for the first six. And yes the first year pay sucks, but you can't even compare the two. Prior to PBS I was on track to make 90,000.00 as an f/o on the 73 in my second year and home almost every night. We will see how it shakes out with the implementation of PBS. I just hate to see these companies like VA coming in and lowering the bar. I do believe it's been lowered enough for all of us. Good luck!

Latest resources

Back