• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America Revenue...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This thread stays, you all can ignore specific users, and not respond to attacks. There will always be a back and forth that represents the anonymous feature of the internet.

So? JetBlue Airbus pilots are amongst the highest paid A320 drivers in the country. Factor in that they don't lose 1.95% (that's almost 3,000 dollars for someone who makes $150k) and they come out damn near top compared to other major/legacy A320 pilots.

JetBlue pilots pay the highest insurance rates in the industry by far, and have no retirement plan other than a 401k. Their work rules are changed on a whim, and they have ZERO merger or scope protections. Your focus is too narrow. There is a lot more to a CBA than a pay rate.

I encourage both VA and JB to union up- all the ford and Harrison lines are tired. Each of your execs has lawyers - and a contract they defend against all reason- but you can't ?
It doesn't have to lead to contention as SWA proves every day. When someone doesn't want you represented, it's bc they want to take advantage of you. Not letting execs take advantage of you and conduct business properly isn't having a bad attitude or being inflexible.
But I refuse to treat you all differently, and hope you each come to this conclusion as professional adults. Every other major financial item in your life is spelled out under contract, from your cell phone, cable, lease or mortgage, - why would you not have the terms of your professional life spelled out clearly in black and white, mutually binding contract- legally recognized under the rla -

It's called capitalism fubi. Your union isn't strong enough because most pilots (most americans) have been convinced to support anti-union politicians who stack the deck against labor.

I think its a generational and military thing. Military is mostly conservative. I guess those are the kind drawn to service. On the younger side, many young officers are appalled and amazed when they meed at young liberal officer. Just my experience though. Oh, and many Americans have a tough time swallowing the BS from the lib side anyway and vote on other issues important to them aside of labor.

I encourage both VA and JB to union up- all the ford and Harrison lines are tired. Each of your execs has lawyers - and a contract they defend against all reason- but you can't ?
It doesn't have to lead to contention as SWA proves every day. When someone doesn't want you represented, it's bc they want to take advantage of you. Not letting execs take advantage of you and conduct business properly isn't having a bad attitude or being inflexible.
But I refuse to treat you all differently, and hope you each come to this conclusion as professional adults. Every other major financial item in your life is spelled out under contract, from your cell phone, cable, lease or mortgage, - why would you not have the terms of your professional life spelled out clearly in black and white, mutually binding contract- legally recognized under the rla -

I think that we will eventually "union up". But, we will do it on OUR terms. We will not be pushed by outside influences. I don't think you will see ALPA on the property. The Teamsters are totally inappropriate. That leaves VAPA. I think you will eventually see an independent union here. But why would we do it now? I prefer to allow the company to max out what they are willingly going to give us before we go into 4-5 years of status quo while negotiating our first contract. The timing is not right. So as a result we must put up with tools like Fubi/Fish. Whatever, I'm fine with my choices and could give a rats @ss if Fishubi doesn't like it.

Which is why I've defended you against fubi, and all others on the union thing- self determination is an important concept in America- but I disagree with your logic.
Just remember that fear of the status quo period is chapter 2 from ford and Harrison - they are very good at always convincing 51% that the time isn't right, and providing just enough carrot to keep you from legitimate representation.

I think that we will eventually "union up". But, we will do it on OUR terms. We will not be pushed by outside influences. I don't think you will see ALPA on the property. The Teamsters are totally inappropriate. That leaves VAPA. I think you will eventually see an independent union here. But why would we do it now? I prefer to allow the company to max out what they are willingly going to give us before we go into 4-5 years of status quo while negotiating our first contract. The timing is not right. So as a result we must put up with tools like Fubi/Fish. Whatever, I'm fine with my choices and could give a rats @ss if Fishubi doesn't like it.

I apologize for not doing a better job moderating this thread for professional exchange for everyone. Another infraction has been given for creating an insulting thread creep.

Latest resources

Back