Virgin America QOL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
[QUOTE

3) We've hired our last captain based on current orders. If you got hired today, you'd not upgrade based on current orders.
[/QUOTE]

Not quite true, 52 Current Airplanes currently on property 2019 total will be 111.

Chairman

[QUOTE

3) We've hired our last captain based on current orders. If you got hired today, you'd not upgrade based on current orders.

Not quite true, 52 Current Airplanes currently on property 2019 total will be 111.

Chairman[/QUOTE]

Correct, not true. The guy posted "based on current orders." But based on current orders, someone hired today is probably looking at a 4-5 yr upgrade. We have plenty of orders! Question is, will those orders come as planned? Deferrals? Anything could happen.

Chairman

Correct, not true. The guy posted "based on current orders." But based on current orders, someone hired today is probably looking at a 4-5 yr upgrade. We have plenty of orders! Question is, will those orders come as planned? Deferrals? Anything could happen.[/QUOTE]

Totally Agree

Keep in mind, that in addition to trying to impress everyone with the list of random and unrelated ******************** he may or may not have done...

<----------------------------

He loves to bash an airline, the internal machinations of which he knows nothing about. Further it seems to stem from some odd inferiority complex from which he suffers as a result of being employed by an airline very similar in concept and initial structure to his own.

Cheers Click, ya lovable malcontent Blue Boy VA basher you.

How's the family out there? DU says hello.

Any word on future classes and financials? Are most of the pilots feeling the need for a union quickly? If so, why? General protection unlike OO. Where someone could just start taking from an employee group with no questions asked (at will/free will)

What's going on at VX with regard to future hiring outlook? I imagine most of the UAL, AA, and others accepting recalls coupled with attrition might open things up.

What's going on at VX with regard to future hiring outlook? I imagine most of the UAL, AA, and others accepting recalls coupled with attrition might open things up.

Word is poolies in class in March and more needed for better aircraft utiliztion and crews per aircraft.

Attrition is from FOs. Some UAL furloughees going back to Uni/Cal, and some FOs are making moves to Spirit and JetBlue. We get 1 Airbus this year, plus some attrition, so there should be some limited amounts of hiring. I know late last year, they pulled the plug on hiring and came across one pilot who had an interview and then it was pulled. I would imagine that there is a pool of pilots that either 1. have interviewed and are waiting for a future class or 2. had an interview and were cancelled. These guys will get the first shot of whatever class comes up. Once these candidates are drained, the hiring window should open up online. I think it will open up later this year.

Last edited:
I personally know a guy that had his interview canceled.

I honestly don't know how they are still in business. They have lost so much money, have no price control on any of their routes, and have all the big boys trying to kill them.

Airlines are notoriously difficult to kill. They are the cockroaches of the business world. But VA has to be in its death throes.

I could be wrong, though. A lot of people said that about US Air a few years ago.

Branson does 22 bil in revenue between all of his companies. I am getting the feeling Virgin America is more of a Branding scheme than an airline. I don't see them going away. The Virgin name isnt as big in the US as other countries and I think SRB wants that changed. With the launch of Virgin Hotels recently for example, I think you will see more of his products soon...I think other airlines know this and you will see more code-shares soon which will limit Virgin's presence into their respective markets...unless SRB keels over I suspect VX jobs will be stagnant but secure.

Latest resources

Back