• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America provokes fare wars at LAX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
we don't need MORE airlines, we need less. Period.

Great- less airlines. How are YOU going to make that happen? The gov't will always allow more competition.

No- what we need are better contracts and pilots willing to do what it takes to get them. We need leverage and leaders willing to do what it takes to get that. And pilots who are not willing to sell out the next generation.

What i'm saying is that until you're ready to sacrifice your airline to get all that- you shouldn't be worried about VA-

What you should be worried about is what created the situation where VA IS a step up for qualified pilots? Everyone regrets SCOPE- but at every turn it's been relaxed even more, Selling out young pilots- creating very good and qualified pilots willing to fly at VA rates.

Last edited:
You know... for once I actually agree with waveflyer.

So many things throughout the industry seem to be geared toward senior pilots at the expense of the junior.

But then when those who keep getting the shaft go someplace like VA or Skybus, they're labeled whores because they're looking out for themselves first.

Until ALPA and others actually start looking out for the BOTTOM of the seniority list, this kind of crap will continue.

Hank Scorpio can lick my sack. Foreign ownership is the bell tolling for all of us.

Absolutely...
VA is populated by many once proud ALPA members, who, saw a step up, and took it.

If by a "step up," you mean far lower pay, crappier work rules, and the scorn of the majority of the pilot profession...they yep, they really took a step "up."

If by a "step up," you mean far lower pay, crappier work rules, and the scorn of the majority of the pilot profession...they yep, they really took a step "up."

This crap has gone on for ages. It will continue to go on for years from now.

I would be willing to work for a airline for less money if they treated its employees and costumers with respect. Hell, making a few dollars less but having a fun work enviroment is worth it.

Get over yourself.

The reason Jet Blue wants into LAX is to kick VAs @ss

please airlines, I want a good clean fight, no hitting below the wing. when there is an airline down, I want you to go to a neutral corner. I hope that airline can continue and this is not another first round knockout. I am out of popcorn.

Latest resources

Back