• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America provokes fare wars at LAX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You forgot about Skybus....and Delta (after paycuts).

Sybus thank God is in the process of getting killed. VA will cause alot more troubles flying out of such large cities. VA must go. Branson is a child molester. Dont believe me? Just look at him, look close. Is that the face of somone you would want to watch your kids.

It's amazing how well a company can do when its pilots will work for less than a living wage.

VA pilots, you are the scum of the earth. The hottest level of hell is reserved for you a-holes that undercut the rest of the industry.

How's your kid's college fund looking on those wages?

How about this month's grocery bill?

Not a big deal, I guess...as long as your wife or daughter is a prostitute.

Like father, like daughter.

Jeez, tell us how how you really feel! Just finished Flying The Line book, and all of this is just more of the same, just a different year. In this industry it has always been an us versus them mentality whether it is pilot group vs management or pilot group vs pilot group. Until we all stand together we will have issues that continue to divide and conquer the pilots.

It's amazing how well a company can do when its pilots will work for less than a living wage.

VA pilots, you are the scum of the earth. The hottest level of hell is reserved for you a-holes that undercut the rest of the industry.

How's your kid's college fund looking on those wages?

How about this month's grocery bill?

Not a big deal, I guess...as long as your wife or daughter is a prostitute.

Like father, like daughter.

Year 1 fo pay 44/hr...Higher than more than a few in the industry... year 6 capt..higher than usair... the difference is the va did not vote for a paycut.

Do you also think the most senior SWA guys are scum b/c they once worked for below industry std?

Do you also think the most senior SWA guys are scum b/c they once worked for below industry std?

in a word, yes.

I am one of the most anti-union dudes on this forum, so don't quote "flying the line" on me, fella.

but I will ask how that "higher than industry standard" wage is treating you in the most expensive region to live in the US?

how about those work rules?

adjusted for cost of living in the bay area, WTF are you thinking? raise the bar, don't lower it, junior.

scum.

Last edited:
Higher than more than a few in the industry... year 6 capt..higher than usair...

As long as you don't include the 10% B fund contribution at USAirways East (West pays higher on the airbus than VA) vice the 3% 401K MATCH at VA.

Sure,

Most certainly not trying to paint it like its industry leading or anything. Just made the comparison to UsAirways due to the fact that approximately 35% of VA is former UsAirways pilots. These guys have put in their dues for a long time; the East guys especially. Most of them were proud ALPA members for a long time too. They chose to leave UsAirways to come to VA b/c they saw something for themselves and their families. To be called scum by some constant flamer, who is probably a real life flamer. Is unfair.. These guys have put in their dues in this industry, and are making a choice they is right.

Guys- you're dumb if you think the ship sinks or swims on pilot pay. Southwest has been the highest for how long? And still profitable. They're profitable b/c they give a damn and actually try to make the company money-- If pilots have any stake in taking down a company- like UAL was accused of- it's b/c management doesn't keep their promises - therefore the summer of hell- and the leftover "F- you, United" mentality. We can save so much $$ if we cared to.

So i don't care what VA works for-= that's on them. And Joevollers has a point. Right now VA is fighting for their existence. So pay is low. USAir is profitable now- yet the bankruptcy contract is still in place??? Who's the bigger scum by your logic?

I will say though that you are forgetting Joe that you start over at year 1 scale when you upgrade at VA.

Pilots are willing to fly for that b/c for so many- it is a step up. You're seeing the result of the unions across the industry looking out for only the senior- and selling out the young and junior and voiceless. If you looked out for the junior-didn't release your scope and have them fly your more fuel efficient dc9's/partial 73/ab replacement jets without even getting a seniority number- there wouldn't be all those RJ pilots for whom VA is a step up. You want to complain- do it to a mirror. Maybe you should have thought more long term, instead of selling out at every chance... If one of the major airlines had held the line on pay and risked their company going out of business you all could talk about what VA is working for. Until then- I don't get the whole lot of you.

Latest resources

Back