Virgin America Launches New Service to Dallas-Fort Worth

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Reality check:

According to AirlinePilotCentral, a 4 year FO at Alaska base pay is $200 a month less than your #1 Captain (assuming he was at 4 year pay). Of course the FO has a pension, stock purchase plan, profit sharing and makes more per diem.........And that's AFTER the concessions.
Oh and the company is making money.

And...... they should pat themselves on the back because its only taken them 78 yrs (1932) to achieve the package they have. Good job!!! Where do we sign up??

I'm surprised we can even get that close hourly. As for the pension, esop... useless money until its paid out. The odds, especially now with the current laws and past (most recent) history, they may never see that money. The odds are not in their favor, but I hope that changes. Whats the saying, "we will never know if we made the right choice until the day we retire".

Dont get me wrong, I don't think Alaska is a bad outfit. There was a time I even wanted to work there. But for now, I like my odds at VA (even if AS was hiring). What does the future hold, we will have to see.

:beer:

Dont forget to add that Alaska's stock is at $50 !!!!!!! Amazing

And for the record JB and AA pilots do NOT want a codeshare

1. That is amazing!!!

2. I bet you don't, codes shares are just another way to get around scope, good for nobody!! I wouldn't be to optimistic about VA except that we have an airline that is now able to go around the world, at least on each others points.

Honestly, after going back and reading all your posts, you seem quite bitter.

Actually Z I am quite happy, but thanks for caring. ;)

Burger, the upgrade is great..thanks for asking. As for the "Johnny Cash" uniforms....It is a whole lot more comfortable than you would ever know...never thought I would like it, but now after wearing it for a few years, it is Fantastic to have NO TIE and NO HAT!

And...... they should pat themselves on the back because its only taken them 78 yrs (1932) to achieve the package they have. Good job!!! Where do we sign up??

Actually, as was previously mentioned, their package was MUCH better than that. It did take 70+ years of work to get it there.
Unfortunately, the company was able to point at bottom-feeders and failed companies to convince an arbitrator to destroy all those years of work with the stroke of a pen.

Last edited:
What's the point some guys will work for free just to fly the jet. Good luck with that. One day they will say where's mine, and managment will laugh and say. We got it! sorry.

Latest resources

Back