• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America Launches New Service to Dallas-Fort Worth

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually, as was previously mentioned, their package was MUCH better than that. It did take 70+ years of work to get it there.
Unfortunately, the company was able to point at bottom-feeders and failed companies to convince an arbitrator to destroy all those years of work with the stroke of a pen.

Wow...

The odds, especially now with the current laws and past (most recent) history, they may never see that money. The odds are not in their favor.
:beer:
Funny how you don't apply the same litmus test to "you KNOW things will get better" over on Big Rock Candy Mountain.....If a pension you actually have is useless money, how useful is a raise you're wishing for? Given the current competitive atmosphere and your recent history of being willing to work for HALF of what your contemporaries do, how are your odds? Do you think DON CARTY, of all people, is going to be your benefactor? Might want to ask some AMR pilots about how that's going to work out for you.

I'm not offering to pay your mortgage, so what you accept for your services is up to you. I only piped up with some reality when you and tomcat started throwing stones at them Alaska boys because you just sounded silly.

Last edited:
Give me a break - the blue and black shirts both suck. Quit bashing each other about clothes. It's like a surgeon wearing hot pink surgical garb - it just doesn't work...

Funny how you don't apply the same litmus test to "you KNOW things will get better" over on Big Rock Candy Mountain.....If a pension you actually have is useless money, how useful is a raise you're wishing for? Given the current competitive atmosphere and your recent history of being willing to work for HALF of what your contemporaries do, how are your odds? Do you think DON CARTY, of all people, is going to be your benefactor? Might want to ask some AMR pilots about how that's going to work out for you.

I'm not offering to pay your mortgage, so what you accept for your services is up to you. I only piped up with some reality when you and tomcat started throwing stones at them Alaska boys because you just sounded silly.

Haven't had to "wish" for a raise yet. They have been coming faithfully every year as well as other benefits. Sure they started low, but they are moving the right direction.

As for the accusation of me insulting AS guys, please show me where? In fact in one post I said it was a nice outfit and at one time wanted to work there. Bad timing negated that though, so here is where I am at. And... I might add, I am enjoying it as well.

As for a mistrust of Carty... Well, it is his money that is now providing my family and I a job... So should he get his?? Absolutely, his money, his right..
Will things change down the road, most likely. Hopefully we do not make the same mistake( my opinion only, I don't work there, so why should I have a say) as the Jblu guys and drag on for 10yrs with no representation.

I am also sorry that you somehow you think that I may need your help paying my mortgage. Through planning I am surviving just fine and still manage to take a couple vacations a year. I would suggest you seek help in your planning, that way you will not have to worry about what others make when determining what you think you are worth or entitled to. Supply is high and demand low. There are many other factors at work here as well and I know you know its not that simple.

I enjoyed our conversation, but it will have to end in disagreement. Sorry.

Cheers

Last edited:
Haven't had to "wish" for a raise yet. They have been coming faithfully every year as well as other benefits. Sure they started low, but they are moving the right direction.
I wasn't referring the 'raise' that brought you up to half of what your contemporaries make, I was referring to your "knowing" things will get better. ie.....Your plan is for your pay to double......Carty's plan is for everyone else's to halve.
As for the accusation of me insulting AS guys, please show me where?
Already did in post #39. I don't care where you work or what you get paid, I only piped in to shine a little reality onto the situation.
As for a mistrust of Carty... Well, it is his money that is now providing my family and I a job... So should he get his?? Absolutely, his money, his right..
One thing you can be absolutely sure of is that he will get his. The question was what do you think your chances are of him giving you yours?
I am also sorry that you somehow you think that I may need your help paying my mortgage.
Not saying that at all. Many here want to tell you that you shouldn't work at VA...that your family should go hungry to support their struggle. That's BS. My point was "I'm not offering to pay your mortgage, so I have no right to tell you how you go about paying it for yourself." Along the same lines, y'all sound pretty silly making comments on the concessions imposed on people or how viable their retirement packages may be.

Latest resources

Back