Virgin America Launches New Service to Dallas-Fort Worth

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Alright Cramden....

you win the class award.....I had you all wrong.

Ralph has been class act as long as I have known him.

How have you been Ralph? It's been awhile, I had a chance to catch up with our bud up in SYR the other day. Looks like things are happening for you guys.
Glad to see it. I will give you a call to catch up.

That's funny right there... "Capacity dump...." Two flights a day from LAX to compete against what... the 17 a day that AA operates?

Yeah just like the trans con market which is full of airline fat cats rapping the flying public. It just ain't right for one to have to fly from LA or San Fran to JFK for under $150 bucks. Again thanks for plugging extra capacity into an under represented market Sir Richard!

I keep getting goofy emails about $49 sales on tickets. I have clicked a couple times to see where or who. Never been to a place I had any big desire to go at the time. However, it was not even one time a VA flight.(usually a legacy trying to get rid of extra seats) Go on VA's site and try to get a transcon. It will be $350 and up each way. Pass the popcorn this way. Hey, we got any kettle corn. Let the movie begin.

Last edited:
The AA product is tired and weathered... Those MD80s are seriously old and dilapidated. The VA product is FAR better. That said, it will be difficult to crack AA O&D passengers living in the DFW area given the loyalty programs and corporate contracts. I am guessing that SFO/LAX-based pax will comprise most of the pax on each flight.

The AA product is tired and weathered... Those MD80s are seriously old and dilapidated. The VA product is FAR better. That said, it will be difficult to crack AA O&D passengers living in the DFW area given the loyalty programs and corporate contracts. I am guessing that SFO/LAX-based pax will comprise most of the pax on each flight.

80's in sfo will be gone by Nov (ish) per AA guys, replaced with 73's.

I am not sure why VA is bothering to make a big deal of this. We can't even remotely compete with AA, not sure why we don't just move in quietly and enjoy the revenue.

Maybe AA will code share with us, similar to the Jblu deal in the NE, we can do all the DFW-SFO/LAX flying for them.

Last edited:
Maybe AA will code share with us, similar to the Jblu deal in the NE, we can do all the DFW-SFO/LAX flying for them.

Are you an Effing Idiot?? Yeah, If I was at AA, I'd love to just hand over all of my flying to you clowns........via some BS codeshare!!!

There's scope Skippy, for Jackhole ideas like yours!!!

Are you an Effing Idiot?? Yeah, If I was at AA, I'd love to just hand over all of my flying to you clowns........via some BS codeshare!!!

There's scope Skippy, for Jackhole ideas like yours!!!

LOL!! Scope didn't seem to work real well when AA handed over the BOS-SFO, routes to Jblu, did it numb nuts??? My point it that VA is no threat to a company that owns 85% of the market in DFW. Competition is needed in DFW.

As for you, are you trying to compensate for something? Guys like you, with avatars like that, usually have small mans disease or your a homosexual trying to fit in. I say just be yourself Bill. Its ok, we will accept you for who you are. Peace out brother or sister, whatever you choose.;)

Last edited:
Competition is needed?? Why so you can still undercut the industry with your pathetic wages and work rules all in the name of the consumer.....spare me the lecture. You think the AA pilots want to just let you "help out"?? You are kidding me....please tell your stories of assistance on their jumpseat if you had a pair between your legs.....

Nobody brought your sexual orientation up SFO queen.....I know my avatar offends you with the outwardly hetero sex.......

Latest resources

Back