• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America Launches New Service to Dallas-Fort Worth

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well thankfully the good people of The Bay Area, LA, and The Metroplex will be freed from the yoke of crippling air fares! :rolleyes: Thanks for the capacity dump Sir Richard...

********************ty payscales get more flying. go figure. They say DFW is a fortress, but it sure is easy to break through the gates when your pilots salaries subsidize the company

Delta will be getting in on the action, too! Anybody remember Airtran's assault on AA with their short lived DFW to the West Coast a few years ago?

You can say what you want, but there is not one carrier out there that can compare to the service you receive on VA! Your 80 yr old "Isle Donkey's" can't keep up with the Excellent service provided on VA. We only need a small percentage of the people in DFW and we will get it! We have been killing AK up and down the west coast, how many times have I heard the same thing over and over....AK has lost my business....I am sure it will be just the same with AA. :D

********************ty payscales get more flying. go figure. They say DFW is a fortress, but it sure is easy to break through the gates when your pilots salaries subsidize the company

YAWN....keep moving...nothing to see here......just another pilot crying in his cheerios.....:rolleyes:

I guess that's why Alaska's made record profits in this economy. Because your killing them up and down the west coast. Give me a break.

It sure does, worked for SWA and Jblu. Right? Sorry, not a start up out there where the initial employees did not invest in the company only to be rewarded at a later date.

I will sincerely apologize if you can prove me otherwise.

:beer:

I guess that's why Alaska's made record profits in this economy. Because your killing them up and down the west coast. Give me a break.

You mean the one where fuel is steady and holding, more people are flying and they gave money back in the form of concessions in 05 that they still have not "taken back" (at least not all of it). Is that the bad economy your talking about?? Give me a break!!

We'll see...as our route structure grows and we take on more cities, your loads will continue to dwindle, so enjoy your short celebration.

Plus, where is your answer to hyflyin...oh, that's right...HE IS RIGHT! Nice profits. :rolleyes:

Plus, where is your answer to hyflyin...oh, that's right...HE IS RIGHT! Nice profits. :rolleyes:

and they gave money back in the form of concessions in 05 that they still have not "taken back" (at least not all of it). Give me a break!!
Reality check:

According to AirlinePilotCentral, a 4 year FO at Alaska base pay is $200 a month less than your #1 Captain (assuming he was at 4 year pay). Of course the FO has a pension, stock purchase plan, profit sharing and makes more per diem.........And that's AFTER the concessions.
Oh and the company is making money.

I guess they don't get to fly the space shuttle though........When are classes for that starting? Is it going to be the same pay rate to take people into SPACE?

Last edited:
Reality check:

According to AirlinePilotCentral, a 4 year FO at Alaska base pay is $200 a month less than your #1 Captain (assuming he was at 4 year pay). Of course the FO has a pension, stock purchase plan, profit sharing and makes more per diem.........And that's AFTER the concessions.
Oh and the company is making money.

I guess they don't get to fly the space shuttle though........When are classes for that starting? Is it going to be the same pay rate to take people into SPACE?

Well, in 4 yrs things have gotten better for us and I know that they will continue to get better. We are not there yet, but we will be. The upside to all of that...people here are HAPPY and people there are miserable! Thanks, I'll take a happier work environment, oh and the left seat far sooner than anyone over there. But that's just me. Evidently I am not the only one seeing how we have about 12,000apps of guys trying to get on here at VA. Have a nice day. ;)

Space flight will be HAZZARD Pay, and it will be quite hefty. Coming back to the line will certainly be boring though after all that...See you in ANC. ;)

Latest resources

Back