Virgin America down to 22 million in unrestricted cash

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Help!!

I have done multiple searches on FI and other forums looking for which airlines started-up with industry leading wages. Can someone pass-on the list to me. Thanx!!

Help!!

I have done multiple searches on FI and other forums looking for which airlines started-up with industry leading wages. Can someone pass-on the list to me. Thanx!!

You talking pilot or executive compensation? In past start ups, both groups worked for less than industry average. Not only that, but hiring mins at said start ups were also much less than at established carriers. So yes, this is a first.

You talking pilot or executive compensation? In past start ups, both groups worked for less than industry average. Not only that, but hiring mins at said start ups were also much less than at established carriers. So yes, this is a first.

Thanx, but my bad, I did not pour the sarcasm on thick enough. I am talking about pilot wages and how some pilots selfishly think that new airlines' pilots should demand the same pay as a legacy. It took us 30 years. Probably took the same at United, Delta, American, etc. Jet Blue is getting there, and they don't even have a union. Are unions even necessary these days?

I have frends at VA, they are very happy.

Well said. I hate all the bashing for Jet Blue or Virgin. Heck I am sure SWA had its share of bashing by those at the majors (I am still rather confused at how there could be federal legislation on flying out of TX). I work at a regional and would work at either jet blue or Virgin and ofcourse SWA. wish jet blue had better (for me) bases and Virgin paid at least like Jetblue does.

all that and that's without even paying their pilots a liveable wage?

just b/c branson has a lot of money doesn't mean this thing will stay afloat forever. Virgin Nigeria ain't virgin nigeria anymore.

Please don't try to even compare the two.....you are telling me that you think Nigeria is the same as starting an airline in the largest market in the world. Give me a freakin break already! :rolleyes:

Because the mods will allow bashing of VA to stay on the majors board.

If someone asks for hiring info, well that's another story!

I agree with you, this belongs on the LCC National board.

Sorry for the double post, but this board has no edit feature after a few hours.

This thread has been on the majors board since April.

This other thread: http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=137986 was posted on the majors board on 12/09 and moved to the LCC board quickly. The difference is it was started by someone asking for info while the current thread is a bash fest.

Be consistent mods, both threads belong on the LCC board.

Ralph, just invoke a highly offensive four-letter word such as "crap" or "darn" and clrd4theapch will be all over this thread like a cheap suit.

Latest resources

Back