• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America down to 22 million in unrestricted cash

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yep-if they can live while paying industry standard wages and aren't artifically propped up and can compete with profitable fares without dumping $139 coast-coast-capacity, then great. It's a free country, however. Funny how people bash the regionals for replacing major airline flying and yet, some here don't see the similarities here. How is this venture any different than Skybus or Mesa? If the upgrade there was 10 years, they wouldn't see a soul applying.

I agree with you on all points. But keep in mind, in all industries, someone is always going to come into practice that bucks the status quo. Before Virgin we had Skybus, before that we had Tower Air, and yet before that we had Peoples Express, and dozens between those mentioned! Like many before it looks like Virgin will have its day. As said earlier I dont want anyone to lose their job but Virgin has been a sore spot for labor for several years now. If they go away we can corrrect capacity and possibly raise some fares. More money in the coffers means healthier operations which positions our labor groups to ask for more money.

Virgin America will be sold to Jetblue in 90 days...you heard it here first!

Virgin Atlantic is in the final phases of being sold....Virgin Mobile sold to T Mobile...Virgin Records sold an shut down....Virgin Cola gone!

The Virgin brand is being carved up and sold off...Branson is bleeding cash world wide in this global recession and he has no choice but to sell to the walls and preserve cash.

And this moron is still dumping money in space tourism? Good luck fellows.

Perhaps the jetBlue guys will staple the Virgins.

I love all the "capitalists" here-

I don't mind new entrants- but youre damn right I'm working and competing and doing my small part to put them out of business-

It's why 1st year pay is so awful in our industry. One shouldn't work for just one company their whole life in a capitalistic society and we've set it up that except for those who work for a good few companies will be punished severely for changing companies when that's what a capitalistic system strives for

Virgin Atlantic is in the final phases of being sold....Virgin Mobile sold to T Mobile...Virgin Records sold an shut down....Virgin Cola gone!

The Virgin brand is being carved up and sold off...Branson is bleeding cash world wide in this global recession and he has no choice but to sell to the walls and preserve cash.

Nope... It's Spirit.

Just curious, could you please post a link to the information you provided? I think Virgin is involved in close to 400 different companies, and I have not read anything indicating that Branson is "bleeding cash world wide".

Thanks in advance,

S

Just curious, could you please post a link to the information you provided? I think Virgin is involved in close to 400 different companies, and I have not read anything indicating that Branson is "bleeding cash world wide".

Thanks in advance,

S

Virgin Atlantic suffers £132million loss as demand falls

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 10:49 PM on 30th July 2010

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/ar...2million-loss-demand-falls.html#ixzz1A2YpTpff

I love all the "capitalists" here-

I don't mind new entrants- but youre damn right I'm working and competing and doing my small part to put them out of business-

It's why 1st year pay is so awful in our industry. One shouldn't work for just one company their whole life in a capitalistic society and we've set it up that except for those who work for a good few companies will be punished severely for changing companies when that's what a capitalistic system strives for

I'm trying to figure out where it says a capitalist makes you buy your way into an interview and job by paying for your own training. I figure you must be part of the problem then......

I just love how you preach from on high o wise one!

The mods have been relentless with moving JetBlue threads out of the Majors forum. Why is this one still here?

Latest resources

Back