• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America down to 22 million in unrestricted cash

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow, nice job. You resurrected an old thread that postulated the looming demise of VA....................except that VA is still operating business as usual. What's the point again?

Oh, that's right. The point is that VA is "nearing it's end" just like B6 has been for what??? close to a decade now??

NEWS FLASH!! We're all going out of business, some just faster than others!

Nothing to see here........

Agreed, there most likely will be nothing to see here very soon. Despite your rant, VX is nothing like B6. Completely different environment. Have you even read the article or just like to call everyone haters if they agree the company may not, gasp, make it? They have very little pricing power, very little cash flow, very little cash available, a ton of debt, and very impatient investors. Take a look at their fares. NY-SFO/LAX markets are $130 each way. DFW the same. Yes, the cabin experience is good and FAs nice to look at, but the majors, southwest, etc. also have WiFi plus a much, much better frequent flyer program with the ability to fly anywhere in the world, which is what most high revenue pax like.

Agreed, there most likely will be nothing to see here very soon. Despite your rant, VX is nothing like B6. Completely different environment. Have you even read the article or just like to call everyone haters if they agree the company may not, gasp, make it? They have very little pricing power, very little cash flow, very little cash available, a ton of debt, and very impatient investors. Take a look at their fares. NY-SFO/LAX markets are $130 each way. DFW the same. Yes, the cabin experience is good and FAs nice to look at, but the majors, southwest, etc. also have WiFi plus a much, much better frequent flyer program with the ability to fly anywhere in the world, which is what most high revenue pax like.

Whatever dude, have it your way. It matters little to me. I did read the article. I also read articles that assured the solvency of Bear Stearns.

If VA ceases to operate you'll have your day while the rest of us continue working for our pink slips. Today's dominant airline is next decades carcass. I have no idea what will happen to VA, I just know that you don't either.

UAL's been going broke for 10 years. There are 3 dozen threads on this board alone with calendars marking the date.....yet here they are, profitable no less (if you believe that).

I'm not cheerleading for the demise of anyone at this point. What goes around DOES come around in this industry.

Whatever dude, have it your way. It matters little to me. I did read the article. I also read articles that assured the solvency of Bear Stearns.

If VA ceases to operate you'll have your day while the rest of us continue working for our pink slips. Today's dominant airline is next decades carcass. I have no idea what will happen to VA, I just know that you don't either.

UAL's been going broke for 10 years. There are 3 dozen threads on this board alone with calendars marking the date.....yet here they are, profitable no less (if you believe that).

I'm not cheerleading for the demise of anyone at this point. What goes around DOES come around in this industry.
Man, you're like the little engine that could. Try taking some emotion out of your IMC world.

Man, you're like the little engine that could. Try taking some emotion out of your IMC world.

"IMC World" What's that? Is that some CFII message board where you tell the chic's about your 73 type? I must have missed it, do tell.

And yes, I'm arguing pointlessly with you for entertainment. Thread drift and mudslinging is the goal here.....

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/11_02/b4210064436433.htm

VA is going to flop in 2011 - that's my prediction with BO still in office.

"If something happens—and something always seems to happen in this industry, whether it's fuel prices or war or SARS—they're in trouble."

Well, I bet 100 to 1 that we are STILL here and getting bigger by the month! But hey, keep those well wishes coming, I mean, now that VA is here, there is no more mud-slinging at JB. Pretty Pathetic! Hope you have a Happy New Year too there buddy. Ya Deuche!!:rolleyes:

Wow, nice job. You resurrected an old thread that postulated the looming demise of VA....................except that VA is still operating business as usual. What's the point again?

Oh, that's right. The point is that VA is "nearing it's end" just like B6 has been for what??? close to a decade now??

NEWS FLASH!! We're all going out of business, some just faster than others!

Nothing to see here........

Nothing like another fellow pilot bashing a similar airline, and predicting they will be out of business... tbh having this guy "fly" for JB is an embarrassment to other JB pilots.

Don't work for either airline, but would never wish for another pilot to be out of a job.

Ditto. I fly for the Blue and I'm not wishing any trouble on anybody.

We aren't all ******************************bags.

I dont wanna see anybody lose their jobs. However we all know there exists capacity issues in our networks. The weak must die off so the others can live. Point Blank...

I dont wanna see anybody lose their jobs. However we all know there exists capacity issues in our networks. The weak must die off so the others can live. Point Blank...

Yep-if they can live while paying industry standard wages and aren't artifically propped up and can compete with profitable fares without dumping $139 coast-coast-capacity, then great. It's a free country, however. Funny how people bash the regionals for replacing major airline flying and yet, some here don't see the similarities here. How is this venture any different than Skybus or Mesa? If the upgrade there was 10 years, they wouldn't see a soul applying.

I have never really realized how ********************ty you people are. All it really comes down to is that you want me to lose my ability to provide for my family so that you can provide a little extra to yours. ******************** off.

I can agree with you on this statement. I see some of my fellow pilots who say they would like so and so to fail so they can fly their routes and their planes. Then they are the first to complain when they get laid off. remember that rule you learned in first grade. Treat others how you would like to be treated. I like the Virgin GROUPS corporate attitude and can see that no virgin company has ever failed. Do I want to see non american ownership of our domestic airlines-no. But what is a public company? Can foreign nationals buy stock? Do you trust the american leadership who ran US Airways or United into the ground? I would trust branson more than tilten a guy like that. I knew some guys in the UK who all loved their jobs and they all worked for the Virgin group. I see that same corp culture in Virgin America. I would buy stock in Virgin and I would work there-but I would like to see better pay there. I have my resume in there, it would be better to work there than any regional. I just wish I would get a call to come interview but my over 5k total hours and greater than 1000 hours PIC jet must not be enough. Are there any former mesaba guys there who can open a door for me?

Latest resources

Back