• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America cutting capacity during Winter, offering leaves

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You can add hiring CFO Peter Hunt as another bad move. Don't think that's going to work out too well.

Pulling out of SNA was probably questionable too. I don't see how you don't make money in SNA, it's on the trees there.
Agreed about CFO. They pulled out of SNA because the financials just weren't there. The matured routes are profitable, and the new entrant markets are projected to be profitable in another 12 months or less.

How's that drunk Randy Babbit thing coming along? I heard he's gonna be the new VP of Employee Relations? That should go well. If there are pi$$ed off Airtran pilots and SWA FOs, they can always join him for a drink! Oh and make sure there's a designated driver.

hey NE
the story said they have much competition of every route they fly.....so they think the leisure traveler is the way to go?

if you commit to something you have to give it time to work..

how about raising prices?

if you do and your product is better, then they will pay for it.

when i read Baldanza's of spirit airlines comment about their creed, i get the spirit manifesto now....they want to be the LOW price airline, 25% below everybody on base price..

the experts know that people respond to a number even if you whack them with add ons....car salesman made this techinque famous,

How's that drunk Randy Babbit thing coming along? I heard he's gonna be the new VP of Employee Relations? That should go well. If there are pi$$ed off Airtran pilots and SWA FOs, they can always join him for a drink! Oh and make sure there's a designated driver.

Babbit? Yea, it's going to be horrible here for years! I'm updating my logbook now.

PS - I'm always up for a drink.

Did you write that? That sounds like something from an elementary school playground. Next time be sure:rolleyes: to use up your nose with a rubber hose or I'm rubber and you're glue whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you.

Man, Redtail guys are as cocky as Blue pilots were in 2003-2005... the difference being at least jetblue was profitable back then.

Post a profit, improve your pay, and then start throwing dirt at the SWA guys.

hey NE
the story said they have much competition of every route they fly.....so they think the leisure traveler is the way to go?

if you commit to something you have to give it time to work..

how about raising prices?

if you do and your product is better, then they will pay for it.

when i read Baldanza's of spirit airlines comment about their creed, i get the spirit manifesto now....they want to be the LOW price airline, 25% below everybody on base price..

the experts know that people respond to a number even if you whack them with add ons....car salesman made this techinque famous,

I do not think competition is why the company has lost money (according to CEO third quarter was profitable), I think the problem has been poor route planning overall - limited frequencies, odd departure times, etc. Business travelers want and need options, but VX was limiting the options in many markets and had bad departure times.

SNA was not cut strictly for financial reasons, it was cut mostly to free up aircraft to launch YYZ. VX was in line to get a few birds from Air Berlin back in early 2010 when YYZ was announced, which would have supplied the aircraft for YYZ. However the Air Berlin deal fell through leaving limited AC available for YYZ, thus SNA was pulled as it was supposedly a weaker performing city and the company felt more could be made by redeploying aircraft for YYZ.

(The Jazeera aircraft deal was pursued as a result of the failed Air Berlin deal but those aircraft did not start arriving until later in 2010, a few months after YYZ launched)

Last edited:
Ne Dude is almost as delusional as the senior check airman that was on our jumpseat a few months back from VA.. He told stories of executive meetings regarding the unlimited revenue potentials, back door revenue funneling into massive future growth even told tales of check airman meetings regarding the addition of the A330 and how it was a " Done Deal" with the manuals being rewritten.

This guy was obviously sniffing glue

Hey Click, just remember he told you that so that when the Wide Body A/C DO show up, you can come back on here and tell us all how "YOU KNEW" way back when. :rolleyes:

Ne Dude is almost as delusional as the senior check airman that was on our jumpseat a few months back from VA.. He told stories of executive meetings regarding the unlimited revenue potentials, back door revenue funneling into massive future growth even told tales of check airman meetings regarding the addition of the A330 and how it was a " Done Deal" with the manuals being rewritten.

This guy was obviously sniffing glue

Click, I'm calling you out and saying bulls&*t on this story.

Latest resources

Back