• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America cutting capacity during Winter, offering leaves

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Finally have someone in upper mgmnt that actually knows what he is doing. Funny how everyone says we are shutting the doors...(ahem, you have all been saying that for the last 5 yrs and you are STILL WRONG!), things are going to get a lot better with this new guy and the good news....he is untouchable by the CEO. If we would have kept our original CFO, we would be leaps and bounds ahead of where we are now, but the CEO didn't like being told HOW to do his job...hence, he was sent (to spend more time with his family.)

Profitable 3rd and 4th is looking as good or better. Fix the first losses which is exactly what they are doing and this place will be heading in the right direction. There is PLENTY of money behind this place and we aren't going ANYWHERE!

Sorry to disappoint! And Yes, we have a TON of Hot Female Flight Attendants!! :D Of course, you ALL know that! ;)

The new route planner was hired directly by the BOD, against the wishes of the CEO, and the result is a lot of head butting. Or so is the word coming out of the triple nickle (HQ). But the route planner has a mandate from the board, and the experience at route planning at a very profitable airline, and he is winning out. The winter cutbacks are his plan, but so is the ramp up come spring time. Again, at least that is the word leaking out of HQ.

Spirit just received alot of good press.....their model seems to work..
40% of revenues from fees.....just like allegiant, if they relied solely on RPMs then they would not be as well off either..

this article to me says it is time to rethink your plan......

i could see a merger with spirit but the the brands are so non compatible, i quickly say ,that wouldn't work....

with 82 mil, they need and angel investor.

Spirit just received alot of good press.....their model seems to work..
40% of revenues from fees.....just like allegiant, if they relied solely on RPMs then they would not be as well off either..

this article to me says it is time to rethink your plan......

i could see a merger with spirit but the the brands are so non compatible, i quickly say ,that wouldn't work....

with 82 mil, they need and angel investor.

I don't think the business plan needs to be reworked, but I do think the route structure needs to be reworked. There have been many missteps and poorly thought out routes. For an airline that is trying to build a following in the California business market to announce consecutive expansions into markets like Cancun, Los Cabos, Puerto Vallarta and Palm Springs, while ignoring places like PHX and DEN is not very smart IMHO. A few years ago the CEO put up a graphic of the most heavily traveled business markets from SFO and LAX and stated that those would be the markets we would be going after. Instead we spent a year going after the specialty leisure markets.

Another giant misstep IMHO was announcing YYZ. Everyone knows that from California YVR is the big market, particularly from LAX. Instead the CEO "went with his gut" and decided to try YYZ.

I don't think the business plan needs to be reworked, but I do think the route structure needs to be reworked. There have been many missteps and poorly thought out routes. For an airline that is trying to build a following in the California business market to announce consecutive expansions into markets like Cancun, Los Cabos, Puerto Vallarta and Palm Springs, while ignoring places like PHX and DEN is not very smart IMHO. A few years ago the CEO put up a graphic of the most heavily traveled business markets from SFO and LAX and stated that those would be the markets we would be going after. Instead we spent a year going after the specialty leisure markets.

Another giant misstep IMHO was announcing YYZ. Everyone knows that from California YVR is the big market, particularly from LAX. Instead the CEO "went with his gut" and decided to try YYZ.

Maybe the CEO is a Rush fan?
Sounds like someone needs to toss his resume over to senior management.

You can add hiring CFO Peter Hunt as another bad move. Don't think that's going to work out too well.

Pulling out of SNA was probably questionable too. I don't see how you don't make money in SNA, it's on the trees there.

Latest resources

Back