Virgin America cutting capacity during Winter, offering leaves

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
....Hawaiian merge is just a bad rumor.

God I hope so, although I would love to see a SFO base myself personally.

It'll never happen. Apart from the obvious financial problems both sides love their brands way too much to ever give them up. On a side note, I was at sim a month or so ago and the engineers told me HAL was waffling on putting their sim in VA's Burlingame training building where a stall is waiting. I personally hope HAL doesn't back out, I'd like to bump into old friends from time to time.

It'll never happen. Apart from the obvious financial problems both sides love their brands way too much to ever give them up. On a side note, I was at sim a month or so ago and the engineers told me HAL was waffling on putting their sim in VA's Burlingame training building where a stall is waiting. I personally hope HAL doesn't back out, I'd like to bump into old friends from time to time.

That's not longer happening. It was discussed on the last pilot conf. call. Something about a sim not being available in time or something. And CAE might offer to build them a sim in Hawaii.

what is this science experiment called "direct relationship" at Jet blue.....?

A failed experiemnt. We have a Retirement & Insurance Committee that wasn't allowed to participate in coming up with our new crappy retirement plans *. What a great system we have.

* Apparently one member who was bound by an NDA was allowed to sit in and observe.

That's not longer happening. It was discussed on the last pilot conf. call. Something about a sim not being available in time or something. And CAE might offer to build them a sim in Hawaii.

True statement, the sim will be located in Hawaii.
We are codesharing with VA though.

A Hawaiian codeshare sounds excellent, considering VAs heavy presence in SFO, LAX, SAN. The ETOPs program is on hold, and so are the plans for Hawaiin flights.

Profitable 3rd and 4th is looking as good or better. Fix the first losses which is exactly what they are doing and this place will be heading in the right direction. There is PLENTY of money behind this place and we aren't going ANYWHERE!
;)

"Virgin America also reported that its third-quarter net loss widened to $12.6 million from $3.3 million a year earlier."

Or not....

Latest resources

Back