• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Video from CNBC-Santulli CEO NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll talk to you in July and you tell me how it is working.

Remind my CS friends that jumped ship and went to NetJets this past year as well. I am sure they are very happy they gave up there seniority and jobs at CS for the wonderful security of their union job now.

Last edited:
I was one of the guys furloughed at CS and am going to call Bull******************** on this post!!!!! I'll go over it with you. Union or not, this economy is affecting everyone. Agreed. Are those boots to tight for you netjetwife? They seem to be cutting the blood off to your brain. My post was polite and supportive while yours is rude and insulting. By any fair standard, RC, it's your post that reeks...:smash: This is the closest smiley we have for waving the BS Flag. Let me show you how to call Bull*****...:p

Sell your pro union 'help' to someone else. :smash: Correction: I was empathizing and showing sincere concern for the CS pilots. Throwing a frac neighbor's support back in their face is BS. It does nothing to help build camaraderie at a time when all aviation folks need to support each other. Let me know how your union is helping Berkshire Hathaway and NetJets after the first week of July. You KNOW what I am talking about. :erm: Actually, that's a bit vague, but I'll share my thoughts. NJASAP will be working w/NJA to cut waste, correct redundancies and become more efficient. Some of us think that will involve NJI. The NJ pilots who are participating in the Preventive Measures will be helping to save money and alleviate the over-manning problem caused by reduced demand.

You have BH backing you. That is all that is saving Netjets from furloughing HUGE (by other fractional carriers standards) numbers of pilots....period. Get an education and some integrity here if you REALLY want to help pilots. I make it a point to stay informed about frac issues and I only post on topics I understand. Moreover, there is no reason to cast aspersions on my integrity, which is very solid. Here's your flag...:smash: And a second one .. :smash:...for failing to give the NJ employees (not just pilots) due credit for signing up for the jointly identified ways to cut costs and simultaneously save jobs. And another flag :smash: for your failure to properly recognize NJA and NJASAP for working together to produce the options package that has saved a huge number of jobs.

As just a line pilot with an EDUCATION, I can see that CS has done the best they can considering the current economic situation.

You are full of ********************.

Their best? I think not. Sharing information costs very little, if anything, so their refusal to do so can't be blamed on the economy. During trying times being kept informed matters even more and morale, typically low when there's a furlough, can be raised with good communication. Insulting me for standing up for the CS pilots merits you one more flag...:smash:.

The flags above have been partly in fun; seriously, though, I think it's wrong not to be more supportive of your fellow pilots and their families, especially these days. Because of your complaints, I took another look at my post but I still stand by what I wrote. Best Wishes to the CS pilots and their families. NJW

Their best? I think not. Sharing information costs very little, if anything, so their refusal to do so can't be blamed on the economy. During trying times being kept informed matters even more and morale, typically low when there's a furlough, can be raised with good communication. Insulting me for standing up for the CS pilots merits you one more flag...:smash:.

The flags above have been partly in fun; seriously, though, I think it's wrong not to be more supportive of your fellow pilots and their families, especially these days. Because of your complaints, I took another look at my post but I still stand by what I wrote. Best Wishes to the CS pilots and their families. NJW

Aaahhhh yeah, sharing information. That great line of communication right? Just go ask a NetJet pilot how many are going to be affected by the upcoming cutbacks......ummmmm, 200, 500, 700 pilots....er, we don't know? Well when will the 200, 500, 700 pilots be coming back? Are they happy? Has your union saved the day? You REALLY don't get it.

CS had some folks leave for the 'better life' of Netjets and now they are on the street. Had they stayed, they would have a job. How has that 'voice at the table' helped them?

NetJetwife, you live in a bubble. You get on these boards and preach to us like you are some expert. You tell me about CS practice and it is laughable. I worked there. I was furloughed. I KNOW what they did was the best they could do. You only know what the others in your little bubble tell you. I am not sure who feeds you this stuff about our company but you look foolish speaking of it as if it were truth. It is one side of the story...more than likely a pro union side.

If you want to save face, here is an idea for you. Talk about the stuff going on at Netjets. If you really are married to a Netjet pilot, atleast it will be more accurate than what you are saying about my company.

Another thing. I do support my furloughed CS friends. Again, you have NO idea. You absolutely look foolish speaking like you do.

As far as my post being rude, again you are wrong. I am honest and to the point. I will call BS on your posts ANYTIME you want to step over into my side and speak like you are about my company.

Mind your own business. Have a GREAT day! :)

Aaahhhh yeah, sharing information. That great line of communication right? Just go ask a NetJet pilot how many are going to be affected by the upcoming cutbacks......ummmmm, 200, 500, 700 pilots....er, we don't know? Well when will the 200, 500, 700 pilots be coming back? Are they happy? Has your union saved the day? You REALLY don't get it.
With all due respect, in this instance, she really does get it. NJASAP has saved the day for several hundred toward the bottom of the seniority list.

You know, I HOPE you are right, I really, really do.

Now how about those AT the bottom of the list?

Last edited:
RCRS posted:

CS had some folks leave for the 'better life' of Netjets and now they are on the street.

Why are they on the street? We haven't furloughed anyone to the best of my knowledge.

Seriously? I would imagine the bottom 200 to 600 are feeling very exposed right now. Exposed like, "not sure how to pay the mortgage" and, "I hope we can beat off foreclosure", and, 'I hope all semblance of civility don't disappear".

And some of those guys, I'm sure, were from the aforementioned CS. Have a touch of empathy.

If I had to be in the lower 200 to 600 of any jet frac ... which one, I wonder, would I like it to be?

Which one has options to choose from in case there is a need to reduce manpower instead of accepting furlough?

Which one has a contract with unlimited recall rights in the event of furlough?

If I had to be in the lower 200 to 600 of any jet frac ... which one, I wonder, would I like it to be?

Ooooooh, OOooooooh, pick me, pick me...I know, I KNOW!!!!!

I would pick the one that would pay the mortgage or provide me enough to not have to foreclose on my house if they 'furloughed' me.

It would be the one everyone says is bullet proof. The one everyone says could never fail, you know because they are so big and have so much money? The one with the best union contract, the one that is recession proof. The one you can leave a solid job for and not have to worry about being furloughed.

Which one would that be? I remember people on this site knowing at one time.

Facts are facts.

RC worked at CS. Why wouldn't his word be more valid than that of netjetwife on how CS handled the furloughs? He works there, netjetwife does not.

Latest resources

Back