Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Van ride with another crew, interesting comment...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GogglesPisano said:
I think I almost taxied over a -900 the other day.

wow what a reply do you feel big and tuff now? you go on feel'n real good about your self now big guy.

You know I fly a plane bigger than a -11, I think your over-compenstating. see the top of ya in PANC

Earl Williams said:
I just don't get it, I really, really don't. Almost every time I read a post on this forum, the constant need of some to continue to bash other pilot groups is just plain sickening. This mentality is the sole reason that we pilots apparently can't even walk by each other in the terminals and cordially greet each other in a humane manner. Trust me, I try every time. Just because I work for a different company than you, I'm somewhat inferior?...less qualified?

What makes any one you, Texan Aviator in particular, feel good about yourself in posting something like this? If your encounter was true, and it very well may be, do you really think that attitude personifies the Mesa pilot group? I'm envisioning that situation occuring, and I'm sure the Mesa Captain shook his head in disbelief, and gave that FO a VERY dissaproving stare.

You can say what you want about Mesa pilots. If it makes you feel good and better about yourself, than by all means continue. But what good does it do? Seriously? In the long run, are we as pilots going to gain more by continuing to beat each other down, and claim superiority by the mere basis that we work for different companies? Or maybe...just maybe...we can start to understand that we're all alike (we are!), doing the same thing, complaining about the same issues, and try to make this a better industry altogther. Ultimately, all of this fighting amongst each other, and "my company is better than yours" attitude feeds RIGHT into management's hands.

One other thing...I'll still be the guy walking through the terminal with a smile on my face, and will say "hello, how are you?" to each and every one of you that passes my direction. If you feel a need to avoid me due to my Mesa badge, then so be it.

Amen brother.

Mesa bashes PNCL

You never know who you are around... I was non rev'ing with my family and we just happened to be discussing the CRJ, mind you I wasn't in uniform, when a Mesa capt in uniform jumped into our conversation UNSOLICATED..... He goes on to state that PNCL is undeserving of any CRJ's and we begin to get into a disagrement over whether PNCL had 50 seaters or not... He insisted PNCL did not have 50 seaters and the only reason they had 44 was they whored themselves out on pay...
And then he goes on how DC 9 FO's hate all red tail RJ' drivers... XJ included

I just thought it was interesting all the negative red tail comments from a Mesa driver... :puke:

AWACoff said:
What can you say about Mesa...had a mesa pilot comment on me being too hard on the brakes today

Well, were you on the brakes too hard? I see it all the time in the RJ. Drives me nuts!

kj6991 said:
Anais Nin,

I'm with you here. I was thinking the same thing. I've always though Tex Aviator was a dork from his posts and such. I don't know why, just have. He always has some "highlight" remark about jetlinkin it and i just have a funny feeling he is a nerd. Granted, I do feel he works for a fine company.

TA you said in your post your crew was the only other crew in the van and that "someone asked what are the pay rates for the 900 like." But i can only assume it was you or your crew that asked about pay rates to the Mesa crew after a long day.

Saying the 900 is huge by the Mesa guy might have been the most crafty thing to say. But your the guy that has to post EMB-145XR and Gold Seal on your profile and post yippy Expressjet articles when your right out of training, and frankly, nobody really cares your in an XR or that your Gold Seal. You could be furloughed and out of a job tomorrow and working along side that same Mesa crew 3 months later. Toolbox

wow -- this guy burned your butt!

Last edited:
TEXAN AVIATOR vbmenu_register("postmenu_826321", true);
Sickest Bull

Civ/Mil: Civilian
A/C Flown: John Deere, EMB-145XR
Ratings: COM, CFI-AIM Gold Seal, AGI
Curr Position: 121
Total Time: Some

what about the 135, the 145... why just the XR -- I thought you guys flew all the models of that toilet tube...

Relic.. no one said you were inferior..

Maybe they dont talk to you because your contract ruined our negotiations in our last contract... or maybe because your company is flying flights while comair is downsizing.

And most of that is because you failed to take a stand... you failed to stand up for yourselves and everyone else in this industry. If it was me, I wouldnt be able to hold my head off my shoulders!

Latest resources

Back