Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA's Illegal Job Action Causing Pilot Terminations.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why is this behavior by management acceptable to anyone even our west foes?

Because certain posters on here have so much hate, that the East could say the sun rises in the East, and they would argue that its all a conspiracy. Of course all the while claiming its the East that is angry.

After abrogating her authority as pilot in command and collapsing in fear to those who hold no authority or superiority over her as captain, she went into the boarding area and made a PA that the airline/her aircraft was not safe to fly on and should seek other accomodations now and in the future.

Do you have proof of this or is this just rumor number 43?

I have read the Captain's report and so far it looks like the company is getting the press that they deserve.

I've read the captain's report too. In all my years here I have never had to tell the chief pilot or scheduling or anyone else more than once that I'm refusing an airplane unless/until it gets fixed.

This captain in her report wrote that she was intimidated by the chief pilot, by maintenance, by the company and the rent a cops. This is not a captain I want to be associated with. She obviously had no idea how to calmly and professionally handle the situation. That is what the company pays us to do.

I wouldn't have flown the plane either. I also would not allow MX or the CP to back talk me. In my 22 years here that is unheard of.

This is just another example of a pilot not having any cajones and being easily intimated by her subordinates.

This is just another example of a pilot not having any cajones and being easily intimated by her subordinates.[/QUOTE]

So you don't think she had any cajones, your one smart fellar there denny.

Here's what the FAA report says:

"The FAA manager assigned to the US Airways certificate reviewed the June 16, 2011 incident. The APU shutdown the aircraft experienced is a failure that pilots are well aware can happen and that they are trained to recognize. The battery apparently was depleted by attempts to restart the APU. Flying an aircraft with an inoperative APU is not an unusual event and normally poses no safety issues when proper limitations are applied. The Captain simply chose to exercise her pilot-in-command authority of not accepting an aircraft. Our information indicates that US Airways followed their approved MEL procedures, and all maintenance procedures were followed in accordance with the operator’s approved maintenance program. We found no violations of Federal Aviation Regulations."

After the A330 went completely dark during engine start maintenance wanted to defer the APU and have her fly it over the Atlantic. I don't how much knowledge you have but trust me this shouldn't happen.

Apparently you don't have enough knowledge and I guess I shouldn't trust you. I checked the MEL and it was perfectly legal. I don't give a sh!t whether she wanted to fly the AC like that or not, that's her prerogative. What she did in the boarding area was inexcusable as is uSAPa's bullsh!t, safety-for-DOH campaign.

Apparently you don't have enough knowledge and I guess I shouldn't trust you. I checked the MEL and it was perfectly legal. I don't give a sh!t whether she wanted to fly the AC like that or not, that's her prerogative. What she did in the boarding area was inexcusable as is uSAPa's bullsh!t, safety-for-DOH campaign.

I guess I have more years in this biz than you. There were many times that maintenance wanted to legally MEL something and because of the conditions/situation I said no. The MEL book doesn't make decisions for pilots.

I guess I have more years in this biz than you. There were many times that maintenance wanted to legally MEL something and because of the conditions/situation I said no. The MEL book doesn't make decisions for pilots.

How many times have you gone up to the gate area and told the pax that the airline was unsafe, now and in the future, and recommended to them to be rebooked on another airline?

Is there an echo in the room? I just said that!
I don't give a sh!t whether she wanted to fly the AC like that or not, that's her prerogative.
IE: she has the right to refuse the AC, legal MEL or not.

She doesn't have the right to go off half cocked in the boarding area telling the pax to book on a different, safer airline.

Of coarse you have more time in the biz than I do....You are a highly experienced eastie and i am a lowly, wet behind the ears, rookie west pilot. You'd think I'd be happy to just carry your flight bag.

The tale of what happen at the gate is getting very cloudy and USAPA is going all in on this one. Be a professional and leave your union politics to the web boards and crewrooms, not to the general public thru the planes PA or gate PA. If you feel unsafe, call the FAA whistleblower line or the company safety line. Emotions are being ramped up out East, you are starting to look foolish to your industry peers.

Mark

P.S.- Is the no homework secret codeword out yet for August?

Latest resources

Back