Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA's Illegal Job Action Causing Pilot Terminations.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wish! The nic would really screw me if they downsize PHX which is what most of us eastinfections think will happen. We really do think that LAS and PHX aren't very profitable and our Tempe heros will close down PHX like they did LAS.
Do most of you know how long LAS was a crew base? How long has PHX been a crew base? How does the east feel that US could be successful as an east-only airline when it couldn't in the past when it was easier to make money in the airline business.

C'mon let's look at things rationally for a change.

PHX could very well become just a "focus city". It is the least profitable out of CLT,PHL,DCA, PHX. Mostly a leasure maret.....

Ten Eastholes to be fired for listening to USAPA. I love it.

Regardless if they are "east", everyone taking an anti -east stand on the post and all other anti -east are pro-management. That is why the whole industry is the way it is. Why would anyone bash a pilot group over management? Go ahead and kiss ass to the man. Losers.

Basically, west guys sitting back and letting the east men stand up and get a contract. Or are you happy with your paycheck? Pathetic. Do it right. Negotiate a payscale/contract, then bitch and moan about seniority. Management could care less. They won. Too late. Now make it work.

Regardless if they are "east", everyone taking an anti -east stand on the post and all other anti -east are pro-management. That is why the whole industry is the way it is. Why would anyone bash a pilot group over management? Go ahead and kiss ass to the man. Losers.

Lets take a quick poll. Does anyone on this board think that being anti-USAPA means you are pro management? Seriously? What about being anti-USAPA for all of the chaos they have created over a lost arbitration?

Basically, west guys sitting back and letting the east men stand up and get a contract. Or are you happy with your paycheck? Pathetic. Do it right. Negotiate a payscale/contract, then bitch and moan about seniority. Management could care less. They won. Too late. Now make it work.

Wrong.

Also wrong.

Anyone that argues is a company man. Enough said. I am done.

You should totally throw a tantrum and hold your breath until you pass out. That would get the adults attention. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Lets take a quick poll. Does anyone on this board think that being anti-USAPA means you are pro management? Seriously? What about being anti-USAPA for all of the chaos they have created over a lost arbitration?

let's take a vote (on this message board) to see if we should be in favor of ignoring the vote of the pilots that already voted on an internal union matter.

Mark P.S.- Let me guess, your a A330 captain and the Nic. does not affect you like everyone else who posts here.
I wish! The nic would really screw me if they downsize PHX which is what most of us eastinfections think will happen. We really do think that LAS and PHX aren't very profitable and our Tempe heros will close down PHX like they did LAS. I know you don't want to hear this but what USAPA did for us is delay the nic by many years so if/when you guys prevail in court (in many years) the retirements will offer a little lube to the screwing. You can ride my jumpseat anytime. If you search my posts you will see that I am never vulgar nor do I call others stupid names and try politely to express my opinion and what I think my other easties feel so I am not hiding behind my anonymous screen name. Have a peaceful Sunday afternoon.

So you aren't supporting DOH because it's the golden rule, but because you MBA-types believe that the little western town of 5+ Million (where the company headquarters are located) is going to close down the PHX base operations (and give away another city to SWAL)??

I really wish you would put a little more thought into your estimations.

Here is something to chew on. The Kirby Proposal is still on the table according to Parker. That is a wage increase for an East captain from $125 to $146 IMMEDIATELY, AND increases in 401K contributions, vactation time, time off, DH pay, Mechanical pay, etc.

No I AM NOT SAYING that I would vote for the KP. What I am saying is if you accept the KP with the Nicolau award as FACT (and you staff the NAC with someone who actually knows how to negotiate)....we could possibly achieve NB captain rates of $151 to $174 and WB captain rates of $190 to $217. Heck, JetBlue is presently paying $159 for Airbus and $143 for Embraer!!

Lurkers: If you know/believe that the Nicolau award will ultimately be the seniority list, then all you buying with your dues is DELAY. You are losing countless money and time off that you will never recover. Please visit us at www.reformusapa.com

There are three petitions that you need to read. If you agree with any or all of these petitions, please print them out and send them in to reformusapa ASAP.

Oh, BTW: Our NAC is presently negotiating AWAY (in the WRONG direction) from the KP!! How is that making things better??

Regards.

Last edited:
One big problem with the KP is a lack of aircraft utilization rates. We currently have min rates in our contract and the company violated our contract to go below the minimum while we had pilots on furlough! If they would do it then I'm guessing they would really take advantage of it if it weren't even in the contract meaning furloughing pilots. Like you said Cactusboy, there are many other parts of it that need to to be negotiated so will the end result still be called the "Kirby Proposal" if every section is differant? It is so bad we have to start from scratch.

Latest resources

Back